Remote Work Opportunities Abound at Pfizer, GRAIL, Regeneron and More
After COVID-19, the biosciences industry, like many others, had to offer workplace flexibility or lose standout talent to more desirable companies, often touting work-life balance as a priority.
Life sciences organizations are required to think strategically to meet the practical challenges of hiring the right people for their business goals to succeed. In a recent BioSpace poll, more than half of employers indicated they planned to continue recruiting employees remotely. More than 70% of employers planned to implement work-from-home as a long-term practice.
As recruitment and retention becomes more challenging in the 2022 market, employers have responded by increasing recruitment budgets and getting creative to nab highly sought-after talent. Silicon Valley, also known as Biotech Bay, is leading the way. In a region already known for its tech prowess, the leap to remote work was virtually inevitable.
COVID-19 gave the push. Employers responded.
Major area organizations led the way to fully remote work options - Square, Slack, Upwork - with biosciences to soon follow. Remote work makes good fiscal sense too. As venture capital, critical to Biotech Bay operations, became tougher to come by post-pandemic, finding cost savings through work-from-home has become common practice.
Here, we highlight a number of remote opportunities, Biotech Bay and beyond, some featured exclusively on the BioSpace jobs board.
- Oncology Field Medical Director, GU, MD
- Responsibilities include contributing to Pfizer’s ability to communicate new and other important approved medical content related to the safe and appropriate use of Pfizer medicines to therapeutic area health care professionals in local, regional or national capacities including therapeutic area HCP decision-makers at organized customers.
- Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology
- Pfizer seeks to make several hires in this position to join a team of scientists supporting late stage oncology clinical development programs. New hires will be the primary Clinical Pharmacology Lead, providing clinical pharmacology expertise to a multidisciplinary project team for a late-stage oncology program.
- Associate Director, Medical Communications
- Sage Therapeutics is searching for a resourceful, results-oriented, integrative thinker for a role that is responsible for the management of medical communications, including symposia, webinars and other non-CME medical education.
- Senior Medical Science Liaison, Multiple Regions
- Sage Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role. The successful candidate will serve as the primary SAGE external medical expert in a defined region, providing advanced subject matter expertise in disease and product education as well as facilitating external collaboration opportunities aligning with Sage’s mission.
- Associate Director Field Medical Affairs - Gastroenterology, Southeast Region
- Will provide clinical and health economic information to enhance the value and appropriate use of Regeneron products.
- Will work with clinical research sites and investigators in support of research activities as directed by the Global Medical Functional head.
- Ensure accurate exchange and distribution of clinical and scientific information relevant to in-line and pipeline products in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner.
- Associate Director Field Medical Affairs-Thoracic Oncology, Southern California and Arizona
- Will Engage in scientific exchange and collaborate with Oncology disease experts and product information as well as research initiatives.
- Will provide scientific and/or medical expertise by thoroughly understanding Oncology and/or Hematology as a therapeutic area.
- Manager Medical Writing, Multiple Positions
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director or Director, this position will be responsible for the hands-on preparation of protocols, Investigator Brochures and Clinical Study Reports.
- As a content expert, this position must have a working knowledge of and experience in document management systems, relevant therapeutic areas, regulatory requirements and other aspects of drug development.
- Associate Director Biostatistics
- Position leads complex studies in study design, statistical analysis and interpretation of results with some supervision. This position contributes to specific aspects of drug development plans with minimal supervision and contributes to documents submitted to Health Authorities globally with some supervision.
- Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs
- Lead the development of regulatory strategy and submissions for multi cancer early detection, PMA product registration, supplements, amendments, IDEs and/or periodic experience reports, etc.
- Provide strategic regulatory direction to teams and negotiate with regulatory agencies to expedite approval of product registrations.
- Senior Software Engineer, Multiple positions
- Work as part of a full-stack team to design, develop and run systems to run industrial-style laboratories. Your work will directly support the processing of GRAIL’s multi-cancer early detection blood test.
- Director, Program Management
- Responsible for assigned project management activities for product portfolio and initiative projects. The individual will also support cross-functional team(s) to ensure timely execution of all program activities on the critical path to delivery of key program and corporate milestones.
- Senior Director, Corporate Communications
- Responsible for the leadership of corporate communications along with the development and execution of the strategic communications plan. Responsible for supporting corporate and financial communications, media relations, advancing Day One’s corporate image and internal communications.
- Senior Systems Engineer
- As an engineer for D365 technical operations, the successsful candidate will maintain the processes for system maintenance, break/fix and upgrades, managing SLA/SLO or other target objectives across the business.
- The role will be an accountable party for managing system access and security, meeting the objectives for the system relative to GxP, ITGC, SOX or other relevant compliance requirements.
- Director, Commercial Development-Cell Therapy
- Responsible for development and executing the commercial and business strategy for the the West coast & Midwest/south, PAD and manufacturing sites within the Cell Therapy Franchise to meet the needs of the market/customers and Resilience.
Also check out remote opportunities at Moderna, AbbVie and Omeros.