Primmune Therapeutics Presents Data Evaluating PRTX007 as an Antiviral at the 35th International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR)
— PRTX007 exhibits activation of the innate immune system in both cellular and murine animal models against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) —
— Findings demonstrate broad-spectrum antiviral activity and suitability of PRTX007 as a clinical candidate to support stockpiling for pandemic preparedness —
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Primmune Therapeutics, a biotech company harnessing the power of the innate immune system to treat cancers and viral diseases, today presented data evaluating the antiviral activity of PRTX007, a novel, small molecule toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) specific agonist, at the International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR).
PRTX007 demonstrated antiviral activity in both cell and murine models against RSV, as well as in cell models against SARS-CoV-2 and seven other RNA viruses. These findings demonstrate broad-spectrum antiviral activity and suitability of PRTX007 as a clinical candidate to treat acute viral infections and for stockpiling for pandemic preparedness.
“In these two presentations at ICAR, PRTX007 has been shown to elicit innate immune responses that are effective against RSV, SARS-CoV-2, and other acute respiratory viruses, without the adverse effect of heightened inflammation,” said James Appleman, Ph.D., Co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer at Primmune Therapeutics. “We look forward to continuing our efforts to study the potential of PRTX007 as a safe, effective therapeutic with key pharmaceutical properties, like long-term stability at room temperature, that are required for proactive pandemic preparedness.”
Primmune is also evaluating the safety and tolerability of PRTX007 in an ongoing first-in-human clinical trial.
Highlights of RSV data, presented in a poster titled, “Antiviral Activity of the Clinical Stage TLR7 Agonist Prodrug PRTX007 in a Murine Respiratory Syncytial Virus Animal Model”:
- PRTX007 demonstrated antiviral activity in standard cellular models of viral infection.
- PRTX007 demonstrated antiviral activity in a murine model with no evidence of adverse effects after treatment.
- In vitro studies showed support for combining PRXT007 with other therapeutic agents in treatment of RSV.
- Data support the clinical investigation of PRTX007 for the treatment of RSV and other acute respiratory viruses.
Highlights of pandemic preparedness data, presented in a poster titled, “PRTX007, a TLR7 Agonist, Demonstrates Broad-Spectrum Antiviral Activity and Is Appropriate for Pandemic Preparedness”:
- PRTX007 demonstrated TLR7-mediated immune response and broad-spectrum antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2 and seven other RNA viruses (Coronavirus 229E, Influenza H1N1, RSV A2, Rhinovirus-14, HCV 1b Replicon, Dengue Serotype 2, Zika PRVABC 59) in vitro.
- Administration of PRTX007 in a murine model exhibited antiviral activity against RSV with no evidence of toxicity or adverse effects with treatment.
- TLR7-mediated immune induction of IFN-gene products and other TLR7-associated cytokines was observed in vitro without increases in NF-κB mediated biosynthesis of proinflammatory cytokines IL-6, TNF⍺, IL-1β.
- Data show that PRTX007 exhibits suitable stability to support stockpiling for pandemic preparedness, given its ability to be synthesized on a large scale and readily distributed to the population in need.
Title: PRTX007, a TLR7 Agonist, Demonstrates Broad-Spectrum Antiviral Activity and Is Appropriate for Pandemic Preparedness
Number: Poster 143
Presenter: James Appleman, Ph.D.
Viewing time: Tuesday, March 22, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. PT and Wednesday, March 23, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. PT
Title: Antiviral Activity of the Clinical Stage TLR7 Agonist Prodrug PRTX007 in a Murine Respiratory Syncytial Virus Animal Model
Number: Poster 260
Presenter: James Appleman, Ph.D.
Viewing time: Tuesday, March 22, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. PT and Wednesday, March 23, 2 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT
PRTX007 is Primmune’s lead clinical development candidate that is designed to provide immediate benefit to patients through controlled stimulation of the innate immune response while also potentiating long-term effective innate and adaptive immune responses. PRTX007 uniquely engages TLR7 and targeted immune cells without increasing levels of proinflammatory factors like IL-6, TNFα and IL-1β via NF-κB. PRTX007 is being rapidly advanced towards clinical trials for solid tumors in the advanced cancer setting and for clearing human papilloma virus-driven pre-cancerous cervical lesions.
About Primmune Therapeutics
Primmune Therapeutics is harnessing the power of the innate immune system to develop small molecule, orally administered toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) agonists for the treatment of cancers and viral diseases. For more information, please visit https://www.primmunerx.com/
Source: Primmune Therapeutics