Pharmacy Times® and Parata Systems Announce the 2018 Next-Generation Pharmacist® Finalists
The program recognizes over 30 exceptional pharmacy professionals in 10 categories
CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pharmacy Times® and Parata Systems, founding partners of the Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards, announce the 30 selected finalists for the 2018 program. The Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards honor remarkable pharmacists, student pharmacists, technicians, and industry advocates who are chosen from 10 categories, including Civic Leader, Entrepreneur, Future Pharmacist, Health-System Pharmacist, and Rising Star.
“These selected individuals demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism and leadership,” said Brian Haug, president of Pharmacy and Healthcare Communications. “We are thrilled to honor their accomplishments, as we encourage them to continue to advance in the industry.”
Selected by a panel of distinguished judges, the 30 finalists represent the various roles across the pharmaceutical industry. Three finalists were selected in each category, signifying a true cross section of the industry, including large chain retailers, independent pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, military bases, health clinics and educational institutions.
The 2018 Next-Generation Pharmacist® finalists are:
- Dutrochet J. Djoko, PharmD, MEd, MSc, RPh, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Manager, CVS Health and Clinical Pharmacist, Hebrew SeniorLife
- Amy Fanous, PharmD, BCACP, Director, Ohio Northern University, HealthWise Rural Mobile Health Clinic and Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Kevin Ridderhoff, RPh, MHA, FACHE, Director of Operations, Coram CVS Specialty Infusion Services
- Amina Abubakar, PharmD, AAHIVP, Owner/CEO, Rx Clinic Pharmacy
- Tripp Logan, PharmD, Community Pharmacist, L&S and Medical Arts Pharmacies, MedHere Today Consulting and the Enhances Service Pharmacy Alliance
- Nicolette Mathey, PharmD, RPh, Director of Clinical Services, PDS, Owner of Palm Harbor Pharmacy
- Koffi Amegadje, University of Charleston, School of Pharmacy
- Matthew Glasow, Drake University
- Andrew Van Deusen, PharmD, University of Charleston, School of Pharmacy, Rutgers Fellow at Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Health System Pharmacist
- Elias Chahine, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS (AQ-ID), Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, The Lloyd L. Gregory School of Pharmacy, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- William Z. Marcus, PharmD, BCCCP, BCPS, Pharmacy Clinical Specialist, Renown Regional Medical Center
- Lt Col Julie Meek, PharmD, BCPS, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Flight Commander/Deputy Director of Pharmacy Department, United States Air Force, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
- Kim Caldwell, RPh, Vice President, Pharmacy Professional Affairs, Humana
- Brian Hille, RPh, BSPS, Vice President, Patient, Specialty and Wellness Services, Albertsons Companies
- Eleanor Perfetto, BS, MS, PhD, Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, National Health Council
Patient Care Provider
- Mary Bridgeman, PharmD, BCPS, BCGP, FASCP, Clinical Associate Professor, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey and Internal Medicine Clinical Pharmacist, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Michael Higbee, PharmD, Pharmacy Manager, Buhl Drug
- Jennifer Wolf, PharmD, Clinical Staff Pharmacist Advanced Therapies, AllianceRX Walgreens Prime
- Jessica Astrup Ehret, PharmD, Pharmacist, Community Relations and Employee Development, Sterling Pharmacy
- Lindsay Morris, PharmD, Behavioral Health Clinical Pharmacist, Department of Army, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
- Maj Burke Wilson, PharmD, BCACP, Board Certification Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, Pharmacy Flight Commander, United States Air Force, Fairchild Air Force Base
- Jessica Haskins, PharmD, Local Specialty Pharmacy Store Manager, Walgreens
- Mallory Schmoll, PharmD, AAHIVP, Registered Manager Onsite Pharmacy/Site Director, Walgreens Local Specialty Pharmacy
- Kushal Shah, PharmD, BCPS, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
- Linda Mulder, CPhT, Certified Pharmacy Technician Specialist, Albertsons SavOn Pharmacy
- Nadia Reyes, CPhT, Pharmacy Accounts Receivable Billing Specialist, Walgreen Specialty inside Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital
- Emily Frank, Senior CPhT, Walgreens
- Derek Brown, PharmD, Director of Pharmacy, Symbria
- George Dooling, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacist Specialist (Quality Assurance), Department of Veterans Affairs Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy
- Byron Jones, PharmD, Pharmacy Director, La Maestra Community Health Centers
The annual gala celebrating this year’s Next-Generation Pharmacist® finalists winners will be held on Friday, Oct. 5 at the State Room in Boston, Massachusetts. Winners for each category will be announced, and one winner will be named the 2018 Next-Generation Pharmacist®. All selected finalists will be featured in the upcoming print and online issues of Pharmacy Times® and on nextgenpharmacist.com.
About Pharmacy Times®
Pharmacy Times® is the leading media resource for pharmacists and the pharmacy industry, providing practical clinical and professional information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with other health care providers. Each issue and the website contain articles and features covering industry trends, medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law and more. Additionally, Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Pharmacy Times® is part of MJH Associates Inc., a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media.
About Parata Systems, LLC
Parata Systems provides pharmacy technology solutions that empower pharmacists to help people lead healthier lives. Founded in 2001, Parata offers the most extensive pharmacy automation portfolio in the industry – designing, building and supporting both vial-filling and pouch-packaging solutions.
Parata Max and Parata Mini high-speed robots boost accuracy and efficacy, so pharmacy teams can deliver an exceptional patient experience. The Parata PASS suite, the latest technology in medication management, elevates pharmacists’ role in addressing the $290-billion challenge of medication adherence and secures their spot on the health care team.
Source: Pharmacy Times®