Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Market: Autosomal Recessive Inheritance to be Most Promising Segment
Retinitis Pigmentosa: Introduction
- Retinitis pigmentosa (RP) is a group of rare, genetic disorders that involve breakdown and loss of cells in the retina, which is the light sensitive tissue that lines the back of the eye. Common symptoms include difficulty in seeing at night and a loss of side (peripheral) vision.
- According to the National Eye Institute, retinitis pigmentosa affects roughly 1 in 4,000 people, both in the U.S. and globally
- Retinitis pigmentosa is caused due to harmful changes in any one of more than 50 genes. These genes produce a protein called photoreceptors. Due to some mutation or changes, these genes cannot produce the protein, resulting in retinitis pigmentosa.
Read Report Overview - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/retinitis-pigmentosa-treatment-market.html
Key Drivers of Global Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Market
- Increase in number of patients with retinitis pigmentosa, rich product pipeline, and rise in financial support for researchers for developing new innovative drugs for treatment of retinitis pigmentosa are projected to drive the global retinitis pigmentosa market during the forecast period. Additionally, increase in special designation from the regulatory authorities to offer a treatment to the patients as quickly as possible is propelling the market.
- High demand for disease-specific novel treatments and advancement in treatments such as gene therapy and retinal transplantation are anticipated to boost the growth of the global market during the forecast period
- However, limited treatment options and low health care expenditure in some developing countries are expected to restrain the global market
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=77166
Autosomal Recessive Inheritance to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of type, the global retinitis pigmentosa treatment market can be classified into autosomal recessive inheritance, autosomal dominant inheritance, and X-linked inheritance
- The autosomal recessive inheritance segment accounted for the largest share of the global retinitis pigmentosa treatment market in 2019. The segment is likely to dominate the global retinitis pigmentosa treatment market due to high number of patients with autosomal recessive inheritance.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Market- https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77166
Drugs Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Based on treatment type, the global retinitis pigmentosa treatment market can be categorized into drugs, devices, and surgery. The drugs segment can be split into vitamin A, acetazolamide, and others. The devices segment can be bifurcated into sunglasses and implants. The surgery segment can be segregated into retinal transplantation and corneal neurotization.
- Drugs was the largest segment in terms of revenue in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. This can be attributed to launch of products for treatment of retinitis pigmentosa by major manufacturers. MeiraGTx Limited and Janssen Pharmaceuticals signed collaboration agreement to develop new product (AAV-RPGR) for X-linked inheritance retinitis pigmentosa treatment. MeiraGTx Limited has one innovative product in pipeline i.e., phase 1/2 for treatment of X-linked inheritance retinitis pigmentosa.
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=77166
Hospitals Pharmacies Segment to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global retinitis pigmentosa treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. Hospital pharmacies was the largest segment in terms of revenue in 2019 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period, as most major products are prescription products, and are available in hospital pharmacies.
North America to Dominate Global Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global retinitis pigmentosa treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global retinitis pigmentosa treatment market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to increase in research & development activities by major players, rise in product offerings, greater affordability, and surge in demand for early treatment.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in demand for retinitis pigmentosa treatment in emerging countries such as India and China
Pre Book Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Market Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=77166<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Market
The global retinitis pigmentosa treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453