Castle Creek Pharma Continues To Build Executive Team As Company Secures Funding, Positive Phase II Results
PARSIPPANY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals (CCP), a rapidly growing biopharmaceutical company with a focus on the treatment of patients with rare and debilitating dermatologic and head and neck conditions, today announced key leadership hires to accommodate the company’s expansion. CCP recently raised $48 million in funding from Fidelity Management and Research Company and presented positive data from a Phase 2 study evaluating the efficacy and safety of topical diacerein 1% in patients with Epidermolysis Bullosa Simplex (EBS).
“We are thrilled to have such a talented and entrepreneurial team with deep experience in dermatology and rare disease and a shared vision on meeting patient needs with life changing drugs.”
“Castle Creek has rapidly assembled a robust and diversified late-stage pipeline of innovative and high-potential products with a particular focus on rare diseases and other areas of high medical need,” said Michael Derby, CEO of CCP. “We are thrilled to have such a talented and entrepreneurial team with deep experience in dermatology and rare disease and a shared vision on meeting patient needs with life changing drugs.”
Castle Creek’s executive team now includes:
- President and Chief Scientific Officer: Greg Licholai, M.D., former President at Elpidera, Moderna Therapeutics.
- EVP & Commercial Officer: John Koconis, former President and CEO of LEO Pharma Inc., Region U.S., and Vice President, Head of Global Dermatology & Respiratory at Sanofi Genzyme.
- Vice President, Human Resources: Regina Donohue, former Vice President, HR and Communications, at LEO Pharma Inc., Region U.S.
- Senior Vice President and Head of Regulatory Affairs: Steven Hamburger, Ph.D., former Vice President, Regulatory Affairs (Oncology and Biosimilars) at Baxalta.
- Vice President, Clinical Operations: Brian Beger, former Vice President, Clinical Operations at Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc.
- Vice President, Marketing: Bill Stakias, PharmD, MSc, former Vice President, Marketing, at LEO Pharma Inc., Region U.S.
- Vice President, Technical Operations: Ron Ritz, former Senior Director, Manufacturing Operations at NPS Pharmaceuticals
Castle Creek was founded by Michael Derby and Jeffrey Aronin, two experienced pharmaceutical entrepreneurs. Derby, who serves as CEO, formerly founded Norphan Pharmaceuticals, which was sold to Marathon Pharmaceuticals in 2013. Castle Creek Chairman Aronin is the CEO of Marathon, and he was formerly the founder and CEO of Ovation Pharmaceuticals, which was sold to Lundbeck in 2009.
The company recently moved into its new headquarters in Parsippany, New Jersey.
For more information, visit: www.castlecreekpharma.com.
About Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals
Castle Creek Pharma is a high-growth biopharmaceutical company that has rapidly assembled a robust and diversified late-stage pipeline of products backed by strong science and focused on meeting patient needs in the treatment of rare and debilitating dermatologic and head and neck conditions.