Minnesota Medtech Week 2015: Seven Co-Located Expos Cover All Corners Of The Advanced Design And Manufacturing Industry
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Minnesota Medtech Week, presented in partnership by Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) Minneapolis and LifeScience Alley, today highlights the top suppliers and educational content that will be present in the bustling Expo hall. MD&M Minneapolis will share the Expo with five additional co-located advanced design and manufacturing shows, plus a special Demo Hall dedicated to embedded systems. MinnesotaMedtech Week and all co-located events will take place November 4-5, 2015, at the Minneapolis Convention Center. For more information and to register, visit: mdmminn.mddionline.com or lifesciencealley.org/events/conferences/minnesota-medtech-week.html.
In the heart of Minnesota's Medical Alley, engineering, R&D and operations professionals and executives will gather for two days to learn, network and discover new products and services crucial to their businesses. On Wednesday, November 4, Minnesota Lieutenant Governor Tina Smith will officially open the Minnesota Medtech Week hall, where more than 1,000 suppliers will showcase the latest products and services across the entire manufacturing spectrum from the most innovative medical devices, to plastics and packaging, to automation technology, to quality software and gaging equipment.
The six co-located expos in the main hall include:
- MD&M Minneapolis: medtech manufacturing equipment, cleanroom and sterilization, contract manufacturing, design services, electronic components, medical grade materials, packaging and labeling, 3D printing, and testing and QA/QC
- MinnPack: containers, contract services, custom automation equipment and components, machinery, materials and package design, and printing
- Design & Manufacturing Minneapolis: 3D printing, CAD/CAM/CAE software, CMMs and DMMs, contract manufacturing, laser machines, rapid prototyping, and R&D testing equipment and services
- ATX Minneapolis: custom automation and assembly, robotics, vision inspection systems, control software/hardware, sensors, and motion control
- PLASTEC Minneapolis: injection molding, blow molding, and extrusion machinery with the latest in horizontal, electric, vertical and insert molding technology
- Quality Expo Showcase Minneapolis: automatic gaging equipment, calibration equipment & services, CMMs and DMMs, and quality software
Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Minneapolis Demo Hall
Expanding its scope further, Minnesota Medtech Week welcomes the industry's largest, most comprehensive technical conference for embedded systems professionals, which is making its debut in Minneapolis. Beyond top-notch educational sessions, ESC will hold a Demo Hall with more than 30 elite vendors. Attendees will be able to discover and evaluate the latest technologies and gain insight into the future of embedded and IoT, while connecting with new and known industry contacts.
A cornerstone of the Demo Hall, The Fantastical Theater of Engineering Innovation showcases one-of-a-kind electronic inventions. Engineers will tell tales from the trenches of their spectacular feats, including the ideas they've dreamed up, coded, wired, soldered, hammered, and glued together.
For more information and to register for ESC, visit: embeddedconf.com/minneapolis.
"With a special focus on the medical device and health technology industry, we're proud to host one of the largest showcases of the top technologies across the entire advanced design and manufacturing ecosystem, as well as a special hall for embedded technology," said UBM Canon senior vice president Stephen Corrick. "Connecting buyers with sellers is our ultimate goal we look forward to seeing the business partnerships and peer relationships forged in Minneapolis."
Main Expo Hall Features More Education, Speed Networking and Booth Crawl
The main Expo will have no shortage of free educational opportunities in dedicated areas of the show floor. Not only will the Expo connect buyers and sellers, but facilitate new connections for peers to brainstorm and compare ideas. Expo highlights include:
- Center Stage: Center Stage will host engaging presentations around how wearables can predict life expectancy, how to speed up the FDA approval process, and more. Center Stage is also the starting point for two Innovation Tours industry experts will lead attendees around the Expo to visit suppliers dedicated to mobile health and medical device design.
- Speed Networking: Center Stage will also provide a complimentary Speed Networking event. Based on answers to a questionnaire, attendees are matched with several relevant professionals for 10 quick meetings.
- Tech Theater: Top suppliers will share how to apply innovative technology with product briefs that showcase their latest solutions.
- Booth Crawl: Towards the close of the Expo on Wednesday, attendees will be able to grab a beverage and mingle with peers and suppliers on a booth-to-booth stroll.
For more information and to register for the Minnesota Medtech Week Conference, visit: mdmminn.mddionline.com.
To apply for a media pass, visit: mdmminn.mddionline.com/press-registration
To learn more about all co-located Expos, visit:
- MD&M Minneapolis: mdmminn.mddionline.com
- MinnPack: minnpack.packagingdigest.com
- Design & Manufacturing Minneapolis: dm-minn.designnews.com
- ATX Minneapolis: atxminn.designnews.com
- PLASTEC Minneapolis: plastecminn.plasticstoday.com
- Quality Expo Showcase Minneapolis: qualityexpo-minneapolis.designnews.com
- Embedded Systems Conference Minneapolis: embeddedconf.com/minneapolis
About UBM Canon
UBM Canon is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media company for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B-to-B communities and markets.
About LifeScience Alley
LifeScience Alley is a global leader in enabling health technology and care organizations to innovate, succeed and influence the evolution of healthcare. By influencing policy, delivering actionable information and intelligence and connecting members with critical resources, we work to ensure that Minnesota's Medical Alley remains the world's strongest health technology community. The Association's membership and supporting community extends throughout the world, employing more than 300,000 Minnesotans and many more globally.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/minnesota-medtech-week-2015-seven-co-located-expos-cover-all-corners-of-the-advanced-design-and-manufacturing-industry-300164517.html
SOURCE UBM Canon