Increasing Awareness about Oral Hygiene Worldwide is Creating Prospects for Growth in the Oral Irrigator Market: Fact.MR
Rising cases of periodontal diseases among children and adults and the demand for advanced oral hygiene devices are spurring the oral irrigation market growth.
The global oral irrigator market is projected to witness steady growth during the forecast period 2021-2031. Technical advancements in dental hygiene devices, coupled with rising awareness about dental hygiene worldwide are anticipated to augment the global oral irrigator market.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 3.5 billion people are affected by periodontal diseases, with caries in permanent teeth being the most common condition. Dental caries in primary teeth (milk teeth) are prevalent in children as well, affecting 530 million children globally.
Increasing emphasis on the importance of maintaining oral hygiene and the demand for easily accessible and technologically enhanced dental hygiene devices are expected to create lucrative opportunities for players operating in the market, finds Fact.MR in this study.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
The COVID-19 pandemic has created some unprecedented challenges for the market due to restricted activities, resulting in the shutting down of various dentists' clinics in several regions. However, the market is likely to show steady growth throughout the forecast period, following the surging demand for advanced solutions to maintain oral health.
North America will continue to dominate the market throughout the forecast period, owing to the presence of several key players in the region and rising concerns about awareness and maintenance of oral hygiene and treatment of periodontal diseases in the U.S.
“Growing prevalence of periodontal diseases and the rising awareness regarding oral hygiene products and their features will create opportunities for expansion for the players in the market,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
- Rapid adoption of cordless oral irrigators will accelerate sales in homecare settings.
- The home segment is expected to dominate the market due to increasing product usage at home.
- The oral irrigator market is expected to show impressive growth in Europe due to increasing R&D and investments in the oral hygiene sector.
- In North America, rising cases of gum diseases in the U.S. will boost the demand for oral irrigators throughout the forecast period.
- Innovations in oral irrigators, coupled with their easy accessibility will push demand in the market.
- Growing emphasis on awareness regarding dental hygiene across various regions will propel the market growth.
- Increasing per capita expenditure on superior quality dental products will drive the market growth and create expansion opportunities.
- The need for frequent battery replacement or charging in cases of cordless devices will hinder the market growth.
Explore tables and figures of the study. Request ToC of the report at
Some key players operating in the oral irrigator market include Proctor &Gamble, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Jetpik, Aquapick Sdn. Bhd., Conair Corporation, Hydro Floss, h2ofloss limited, ToiletTree Products Inc., Candeon Technologies Co. Ltd., Pursonic, Shenzhen Risun Technology Co. Ltd, Orated Corp, Liberex, Nicefeel, Gurin Products LLC, Proscenic, Water Powered srl, and Prizma.
Leading players in the market are focusing on expanding their business via mergers and acquisitions to gain a competitive edge in the market. For instance:
- In February 2018, Water Pik, Inc., launched two new products, including Whitening Water Flosser and Sidekick Water Flosser. The former removes stains from hard-to-reach areas and heals gingivitis, while the latter is an ultra-compact and portable device used to remove harmful dental plaque.
- In August 2017, Church and Dwight Co., Inc. acquired Water Pik, Inc. for approximately US$ 1Bn in cash. The acquisition has enabled the firm to expand its oral care portfolio and enhance its brand identity.
More Insights into the Oral Irrigator Market
Fact.MR offers unbiased analysis of the oral irrigator market. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of product (countertop oral irrigator, cordless oral irrigator), application (home, dentistry), and across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania, Middle East and Africa).
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain -
Oral Hygiene Market - Manufacturers are likely to overcome these barriers in the near future with the development of cost-effective oral hygiene products and more activities increasing oral health awareness in rural areas. According to Fact.MR's research analysis, oral hygiene product makers will see stable growth from 2021 to 2031.
Oral Thin Films Market - Rapid improvements in drug delivery technology have boosted demand for oral thin films significantly. Biotechnology and polymerization, for example, have substantially aided major businesses in producing highly successful product portfolios, boosting their income pools, and attracting a large consumer base.
Oral Antivirals Market – As the coronavirus pandemic drove a shift toward protection and cleanliness, demand for oral antivirals has steadily increased. Leading manufacturers and merging businesses have begun to seize possibilities to combat the pandemic catastrophe and shape their position in the competitive oral antivirals market in order to meet the rising demand for antivirals.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.