Dual Therapy Gaining Traction as Gonorrhea Therapeutics of Choice, Accounting for Around 90% Demand
Quest for FDA Approval to Make Gonorrhea Therapeutics Landscape Highly Competitive Globally
In its latest study on the gonorrhea therapeutics market, Fact.MR provides insights into factors propelling the demand across key segments in terms of drug type, route of administration, and therapy type. The report also sheds light on latest trends and opportunities shaping the growth of the gonorrhea therapeutics market for the assessment period 2019-2029
Fact.MR – A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider: As per the survey conduction by Fact.MR, the global gonorrhea therapeutics market is expected to reach US$ 970 million by 2019. Increasing demand for novel therapeutics such as third-generation cephalosporin and macrolide antibiotics for the treatment of gonorrhea is anticipated to drive the market at a CAGR of 4% between 2019 and 2029.
The market is primarily driven by the increasing incidence of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) such as gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV-AIDS, and hepatitis B among others, globally. According to a study by the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 376 million new infections are registered around the world every year, out of which 1 in 4 STIs is gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, and trichomoniasis. This has necessitated research into novel therapeutics.
Increasing number of campaigns, missions, and programs launched by governments of various nations are expected to facilitate market growth. For instance, as per a report by the National AIDS Control Organization, the Government of India has launched programs such as the National Reproductive and Child Health and National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) to spread awareness regarding STIs and curb their incidence across the country. Such initiatives are projected to drive the growth of the market.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
Fact.MR has projected the dual therapy to dominate the therapy type segment. As the therapy offers a combination of the two most effective antibiotics, azithromycin, and ceftriaxone, it is highly sought-after for the treatment of gonorrhea.
“Government funding to various healthcare organizations for the development of advanced drug-resistant gonorrhea treatments is expected to favor the growth of the market,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Takeaways from the Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market Study
- The U.S. is anticipated to lead the market in North America owing to the increasing acceptance of novel therapeutics for gonorrhea in the country.
- The U.K. and Germany are forecast to collectively account for the largest revenue share in the Europe market, on the back of the implementation of favorable reimbursement policies.
- India is forecast to emerge as a highly lucrative market in Asia Pacific due to the high prevalence of gonorrhea and rising number of awareness programs launched by the government.
- In terms of drug type, Azithromycin is estimated to dominate the market, accounting for nearly 50% of the overall sales in 2019.
- Based on therapy type, dual therapy is projected to emerge as the most remunerative segment, contributing around 90% of the total revenue in the global market.
- Introduction of novel diagnostic modalities such as nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) and expansion of medical infrastructure across developing countries such as China and India are driving growth in Asia Pacific.
- Low cost of gonorrhea therapeutics and increasing research and development (R&D) on renewed antibiotic drugs are estimated to facilitating growth in the market.
- Emergence of new antibiotic-resistant strains is declining the effectiveness of the drug against the bacterium, which is in turn hampering the sales of gonorrhea therapeutics.
- Lack of awareness and poor social acceptance of patients who have contracted the infection due to social stigma are posing a challenge for the gonorrhea therapeutics market.
To gain in-depth insights on Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market, request methodology at
Leading players operating in the global gonorrhea therapeutics market are focusing on product launches and getting approved by international organizations to expand their portfolio. Other companies are engaging in strategic collaboration, agreement, partnership, and acquisition to strengthen their global footprint. For instance,
- In July 2017, Entasis Therapeutics a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company announced collaboration with the Global Antibiotic Research & Development Partnership (GARDP) to co-develop a novel drug named, Zoliflodacin. The product launched is aimed to expand its product portfolio in treating drug-resistant gonorrhea.
Some of the key players in the market profiled by Fact.MR are:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer Inc
- Hologic, Inc.
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Entasis Therapeutics
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Allergan, Inc.
More Valuable Insights on Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market
Fact.MR, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global gonorrhea therapeutics market, analyzing statistics through 2019 and beyond. The survey reveals growth projections on gonorrhea therapeutics market with detailed segmentation:
By Drug Type
- Macrolide Antibiotics (Azithromycin)
- Third-Generation Cephalosporin
- Tetracycline Antibiotics (Doxycycline)
- Aminoglycoside (Gentamicin)
- Aminocyclitol (Spectinomycin)
By Route of Administration
- Intra Mascular
By Therapy Type
- Mono Therapy
- Dual Therapy
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Key Questions Covered in the Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market Report
- The market survey also highlights projected sales growth of the gonorrhea therapeutics market between 2019 and 2029
- The report offers insight into gonorrhea therapeutics demand outlook for 2019-2029
- Gonorrhea therapeutics market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, collaborations or partnerships, and others
- Gonorrhea therapeutics market analysis identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain –
Macrolide Antibiotics Market- Soft tissue infections, respiratory infections, sexually transmitted infections, and atypical mycobacterial infections are all treated with macrolide antibiotics. The global market for Macrolide Antibiotics is predicted to develop in the coming years, owing to the increased use of antibiotics. The market is reliant on the number of processed prescriptions for cases, which is increasing at an unprecedented rate. The scenario has evolved over time, with key healthcare and governing authorities providing priority support to such patients and increasing the use of Macrolide Antibiotics.
Hepatitis Rapid Testing Market- Rapid diagnostics tests are gaining traction in the field of hepatitis rapid testing, as they allow for the diagnosis of acute infections as well as the confirmation of chronic instances of hepatitis, allowing for prompt treatment of infected patients. The hepatitis rapid testing market is likely to increase in the future due to technology innovations that will enable more inexpensive yet simplified testing methods to detect and monitor hepatitis infection. The demand for hepatitis rapid testing is being driven by the world's rising R&D facilities, developments in rapid detection technology methods, serological testing for identifying infected virus, and increased access to test and care.
Extended Oral Antibiotics Market- The introduction of immunoparticles, nanoparticles, novel antibiotics, photodynamic therapy, antimicrobial peptides, and lytic bacteriophages, as well as rising advancements in R&D for preventing or controlling prosthetic joint infections, are some of the factors driving the growth of the global extended antibiotics market. Furthermore, the growing elderly population and antibiotic resistance are pushing the development of novel antibiotics, which is another driver driving the market for extended oral antibiotics. The upcoming reimbursement scenario is projected to boost the market for extended oral antibiotics.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583