Surgical Face Masks Market: Surge in Number of People with Coronavirus infections is anticipated to boost the Global Market
Surgical Face Masks Market: Introduction
- Surgical mask is a disposable, loose fitting device, which creates physical barrier between nose and mouth of the wearer and potential contaminants in the immediate environment. Surgical Face masks are available with different thickness and ability to protect from contaminants.
- These masks are typically used to protect the wearer from large-particle droplets, splashes, and sprays. Additionally, these prevents the spread of infectious respiratory secretions from wearer to others.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=42122
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Surgical Face Masks Market
- The world is currently experiencing the pandemic of an infectious disease called COVID-19. This infection leads to multiple organ failure, acute & severe respiratory disorders, pneumonia, and even death in severe cases. Hence, surge in number of people with coronavirus infections is anticipated to drive the global surgical face masks market. According to the World Health Organization, globally, 823,626 confirmed and 72,736 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded as of April 1, 2020. Additionally, in the context of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak, the World Health Organization recommends the use of masks in home and health care settings. This in turn increases demand for surgical marks. Hence, rise in demand for surgical masks is likely boost the growth of the global market.
- The use of face mask is vital to control infectious diseases, especially in circumventing droplet transmission. The effectiveness of surgical face mask in blocking the transmission of SARS is 68%. Therefore, it is widely used by medical workers as part of droplet transmission precaution when caring for patients with respiratory infections. Hence, increase in use of surgical face masks is projected to fuel the growth of the global surgical face masks market. Furthermore, vulnerable populations, such as older adults with chronic conditions, are at high risk of infectious diseases, including COVID-19. Hence, the use of face mask to prevent infections by the geriatric population is anticipated to drive the global market.
- Moreover, face masks provide effective protection against respiratory infections. Rise in focus on production of protective equipment including face masks owing to increase in awareness about preventive care is expected to boost the growth of the global surgical face masks market.
- However, supply shortage of face masks owing to increase in usage by the general public is anticipated to hamper the growth of the global market. Moreover, rise in prices of face masks is likely restrain the global surgical face masks market.
- Surge in number of COVID-19 cases in developing and developed countries presents lucrative opportunity in the global surgical face marks market. According to WHO data, the total confirmed cases of COVID-19 recorded in major countries as of March 30, 2020 stood at 82,447 cases in China, 97,689 in Italy, 78,797 in Spain, 38,309 in Iran, and 122,653 in the U.S.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Surgical Face Masks Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=42122
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Surgical Face Masks Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global surgical face masks market due to high prevalence of infectious diseases among the population. Moreover, rise in awareness and presence of key players are anticipated to drive the market in the region. Europe is expected to account for significant share of the global market. The market in the region is likely to expand at a moderate CAGR during the forecast period.
- The surgical face masks market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rise in awareness and increase in cases of infectious diseases.
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=42122
Key Players Operating in Global Surgical Face Masks Market
The global surgical face masks market is highly consolidated due to the presence of small number of key players. Demand for surgical face masks has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to rise in prevalence of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market. Industry players are adopting the practice of appointing third-party distributors to expand market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in the emerging markets.
Major players operating in the global surgical face masks market are:
- Cardinal Health
- Narang Medical Limited
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- O&M Halyard
- Other Prominent Players
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207United States
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453