Media Alert: Polycom Inc. to Demonstrate Connected Healthcare Solutions at Polycom Inc. 2011 Including Its Newly Launched SpectraLink 8400 Series Handsets
ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwire - February 21, 2011) -
Polycom Healthcare Solution
Polycom, Inc., a global leader in unified communications (UC), will demonstrate its connected healthcare solutions at HIMSS11 Annual Conference and Expo.
Polycom continues to play a leading role in helping healthcare organizations further integrate communication technologies to improve patient care and outcomes. The Polycom connected healthcare demonstration at HIMSS11 (booth no. 2800) exemplifies how seamless patient and caregiver communications can occur regardless of location, thereby improving patient outcomes and saving time and money for all involved. Highlights include the company's telemedicine, administration, medical education and mobility solutions. Below are some additional highlights from the Polycom Connected Healthcare demo at HIMSS11.
Polycom breaks down distance barriers and facilitates communication between patients, practitioners, specialists, and healthcare administrators utilizing collaborative standards based voice and video solutions. This year at HIMSS11, Polycom will demonstrate the following:
- Polycom Practitioner Cart® HDX® The Practitioner Cart is specifically designed for mobile telehealth applications. Medical peripheral devices can be connected for live images to be shared of a patient's throat, ears, or skin, for example.
- Polycom UC Intelligent Core Solutions such as Polycom Converged Management Application (CMA) 4000/5000 and CMA Desktop allow healthcare providers to centrally manage and deploy visual communication across the entire organization including administrators, educators, and practitioners in their home offices.
- Polycom HDX® 4000 Series The HDX 4000 high definition, standards-based desktop video conferencing system supports high definition video calls and is your desktop monitor for viewing browser-based images like EHR or for viewing live telehealth sessions.
Polycom telemedicine solutions will be also featured in a number of partner booths including AT&T, CDW, HP, Microsoft, ShoreTel, Siemens and Verizon.
Mobility & Applications
The Polycom SpectraLink 8400 Series features an open application platform and developer-friendly browser capabilities to support enterprise and industry-specific applications such as nurse call in hospitals. The phones are available with an integrated barcode reader delivering a revolutionary voice, application and data capture solution unlike any currently available platform in the market. In a hospital environment, the integrated barcode reader and interface allows a nurse to quickly scan and transfer barcode information from a prescription from the phone.
- Medical Cart Barcode Integration: SpectraLink 8450 handsets integrate with Howard Medical Carts to improve medication administration accuracy while increasing staff efficiency by simplifying data entry through an integrated barcode scanner.
- Remote Mobile Video Monitoring: SpectraLink 8400 series handsets allow mobile workers to view webcam images while moving throughout the hospital to improve patient care and security.
- Nurse Call Integration: SpectraLink 8400 handsets and Polycom VVX® 1500 integrate voice and text messaging with the Rauland-Borg Responder 5 nurse call system using industry-standard SIP VoIP technology to improve responsiveness and patient satisfaction.
- Improving Nurse Workflows: SpectraLink 8400 handsets and Polycom VVX 1500 integrate with simulated nursing management application to illustrate the significant workflow improvements that can be realized through healthcare application integration.
SpectraLink 8400 Series wireless handsets are also being demoed and displayed by many of Polycom's healthcare solution partners including AeroScout, Amcom, Aruba, Avaya, Connexall, Ekahau, Extension, GE Healthcare, Howard Medical, Philips and Rauland-Borg.
Medical Education & Administration
Polycom UC solutions also help healthcare organizations provide distance learning for healthcare providers as well as support effective administrative communications. Regardless of whether communication is in real time or an archived voice and video stream, Polycom's UC Intelligent Core enables medical education across time and distance.
HIMSS11 Interoperability Showcase
In January, Polycom's SpectraLink 8400 Series Wi-Fi handsets successfully passed interoperability testing required by the Integrated Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) organization and are being featured for the third consecutive year in the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase (booth 7343). As part of its ongoing interoperability efforts, the IHE organization has developed the Alarm Communication Management (ACM) profile to improve clinical efficiencies. SpectraLink 8400 handsets serve as an Alarm Communicator device, using the industry-standard Wireless Communication Transfer Protocol (WCTP) to display alarm and alert messages generated by Alarm Management systems. The handsets are a part of the Patient Care Devices (PCD) Community of Care tour, highlighting how standards-based solutions improve clinical efficiency and patient safety.
- "Integrating Voice and Applications for Mobile Caregivers" -- Interoperability Showcase Theater Presentation (booth no. 7343), Ben Guderian, Polycom vice president of applications and ecosystem, Wednesday, Feb. 23 at 2:45 p.m.
- "Microsoft and Polycom in Collaborative Healthcare" -- Microsoft Partner Pavilion (booth no. 3101), Ron Emerson, Polycom Global Healthcare director, Tuesday, Feb. 22 at 9:30 a.m.
Polycom Grant Assistance Program
Polycom solutions qualify for funding from many federal, state, and local government grants, as well as foundations. Grants provide funding that enables healthcare organizations to optimize provider resources, overcome distance restrictions to care, and provide ROI through decreased travel costs and efficiencies of operation. Polycom grant experts use the fully customizable and scalable Polycom 7-Step Grant Assistance Process™ to help healthcare organizations easily navigate the complex funding environment.
Feb. 21 - 24, 2011
Orange County Convention Center
Booth no. 2800
Polycom, Inc. is a global leader in unified communications solutions with industry-leading telepresence, video, voice and infrastructure solutions built on open standards. Polycom powers smarter conversations, transforming lives and businesses worldwide. Please visit www.polycom.com for more information or connect with Polycom on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
© 2011 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM®, the Polycom "Triangles" logo and the names and marks associated with Polycom's products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.