Manchester and Liverpool Science Parks Launch Innovation Pass
Published: Jun 19, 2012
Lynne Barlow, Commercial Director at msp said, “Manchester and Livepool Science Parks share the same aims of helping our tenants to grow and encouraging cross sector collaboration. This is an excellent opportunity for our tenants to extend their presence in the North West.”
Chris Musson, Chief Executive of Liverpool Science Park, added: “We at LSP are always keen to find additional ways to add value to our tenants’ businesses. With this is mind, we have joined forces with our opposite numbers down the M62 at Manchester Science Parks to trial a new hot desking initiative for our respective tenants.”
As part of the offer, LSP tenants can use free wifi, free parking, conferencing facilities and break-out areas at two of Manchester Science Parks’ four sites. In return, msp tenants can use LSP’s enterprise suite, break-out area, hire of the boardroom, conference facilities and wifi.
The Innovation Pass will further strengthen the relationship between Manchester and Liverpool Science Parks and their tenants, encouraging innovation, cross-sector and regional collaboration of knowledge-based businesses in these cities.
For more information on the Innovation Pass, contact Gemma Hargreaves at Manchester Science Parks:
email@example.com / 0161 232 4595
About Liverpool Science Park
• Liverpool Science Park (LSP) was created as a Special Purpose Vehicle in 2002 by four key partners, Liverpool City Council (LCC),Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU), the University of Liverpool (UoL) and the North West Development Agency(NWDA).
• LSP is a not for profit company limited by guarantee, with LCC, LJMU and UoL as its three shareholders.
• The further growth of LSP and its supporting infrastructure has the potential to be the catalyst for the continued delivery of commercial success and economic growth, co-ordinated with other projects in Liverpool, through the provision of specialist accommodation as well as support for companies from start up to flotation.
• LSP will focus particularly on those areas of the market, which will benefit from LSP's community of likeminded knowledge based companies, and this includes graduate startups, university spin outs and companies requiring laboratory space.
• The LSP Board has set itself the goal of being a major national science park with international aspirations. To achieve this, it has recognised that it will need to create a science park with more than 500,000 sq ft of fit for purpose accommodation.
LSP intends to provide an environment, which allows even the youngest of companies to benefit from its totally flexible offer:
• Easy in/easy out policy - support ranging from the provision of a postal address through to 5,000 sq ft of office space over virtually any period of time, 24/7 access and with the provision of state of the art IT capabilities.
• Gateway policy - ensures that only those companies engaged in the knowledge economy are able to be tenants. This is to ensure that similar companies have the opportunity to mix together and to create a community of like-minded companies.
• Outside business - investors who are new to the region, or to the country, are able to dip their toe in the market to see how well the city region's business and knowledge resources match their business offer. The LSP offer could also appeal to more established companies from outside the area which might be looking to establish a presence in the city region or to act as a listening post to allow them to stay close to Liverpool developments.
• Laboratory space - to support the key elements of the city's knowledge economy is a key part of Phase 1 and the creation of 5,000 sq ft of laboratory space in ic2 goes some way to meeting identified demand. Additionally, ic3 will provide both biology and chemistry laboratories for this purpose.
For more information about the park and its facilities visit www.liverpoolsciencepark.co.uk or call 0151 705 3400.
Liverpool Knowledge Quarter
is part of Liverpool Knowledge Quarter, a dynamic hub of world-class knowledge and expertise at the heart of the city region’s economic transformation.