Definiens AG Releases Tissue Studio 4.3 And Developer XD 2.6 To Meet Quantification Demands In Translational Research
Enhanced Functionality through Novel Algorithms, Workflows and Drivers Provide Quantitative Data for Improved Understanding of Disease and Drug Mechanisms
MUNICH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Definiens, the pioneer in Tissue Phenomics solutions for diagnostics development and commercialization, today announced the release of the Tissue Studio 4.3 and Developer XD 2.6 software packages. The updated product suites provide scientists, clinicians and researchers working in translational research and immuno-oncology with powerful, fast image analysis solutions that can easily be tailored to their specific needs, yielding the most accurate, quantitative answers to their questions and accelerating the discovery of meaningful results.
“Today’s scientists and clinicians at academic medical centers and researchers in pharma are seeking to quantify biomarkers to better understand both the biology of cancer and the immune system, and identify robust biomarkers for better patient stratification”
Definiens Tissue Studio is the leading image analysis solution for biomarker and morphological profiling in research and drug discovery on tissue samples. The fully flexible, scalable solution provides the best quality in quantification and highly reliable data generation. Developer XD is a flexible development environment designed to enable the creation of comprehensive automated image analysis solutions. It solves even the most challenging segmentation and classification tasks to gain a deeper understanding of the underlying biology.
“Today’s scientists and clinicians at academic medical centers and researchers in pharma are seeking to quantify biomarkers to better understand both the biology of cancer and the immune system, and identify robust biomarkers for better patient stratification,” said Thomas Heydler, CEO, Definiens. “Definiens provides the most advanced solutions to give them the information they need. Tissue Studio enables them to obtain the most sophisticated data from tissue-based assays in order to move their programs forward.”
The updated Tissue Studio includes enhanced functionality to meet the current and future quantification demands across the spectrum of drug discovery and development, from basic research to translational studies. The software provides quantitative assessment of immune cell subpopulations in tumor tissue sections, enabling improved understanding of disease and drug mechanisms in immune-oncology. Specific enhancements are listed below.
Tissue Studio® 4.3
- Separate analysis of multiple tissue sections on a single slide: Users can save slides and increase reliability of their study by adding more than one section from the tissue block onto a single glass slide. Analysis of those different tissue sections is separated so users can receive distinct data for each section as if they were on different slides.
- Quantification of immune response: Users can add a configurable margin around their ROIs to quickly and robustly quantify immune response in tumor core and margin regions.
- Removal of tiling artifacts: The software prevents border artifacts for accurate object detection and measurements.
- Precise export of ISH measurements: Users can receive high quality statistics from advanced (RNA/DNA) ISH assays by identifying and exporting the location of single spots within each cell.
Developer XD 2.6
- Novel state-of-the-art algorithms: New algorithms such as MSER, Color Deconvolution, Image Object Convex Hull and others are available to allow the user to solve any image analysis problem.
- Improved integration with PerkinElmer Vectra® and Mantra™ multispectral imaging systems: Users can obtain novel insights by quantifying multispectral fields of views in the context of the full slide.
Current Tissue Studio and Developer XD users can download the new releases by contacting email@example.com.
Definiens is the pioneering provider of Tissue Phenomics® solutions for biomarker and companion diagnostics development and commercialization. Definiens’ technology empowers smarter tissue-based diagnostics by leveraging quantitative tissue readouts and other big data sources. By enabling the development of powerful and precise assays for patient stratification and clinical trial enrollment, Definiens aims to dramatically improve patient outcomes. Definiens' Tissue Phenomics approach was awarded the 2013 Frost and Sullivan Company of the Year Award for Global Tissue Diagnostics and Pathology Imaging. For more information, please visit: www.definiens.com.
Melissa Baratta, +1 212-398-9680