CPhA Announces 2021 Pharmacy Award Winners
SACRAMENTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The California Pharmacists Association (CPhA) has announced the winners of its 2021 Pharmacy Awards. The awardees will be recognized at a ceremony in Indian Wells, California on June 19, 2021, during Western Pharmacy Exchange.
After consideration of a deep pool of nominations, the CPhA Awards Committee, led by Chair Elizabeth Johnson, PharmD, has chosen the following awardees:
- Pharmacist of the Year – Michael Pavlovich, PharmD, FAPhA. This award recognizes a CPhA member pharmacist for outstanding activities and leadership at multiple levels of pharmacy, who is well recognized by his/her colleagues for their professional advancements.
- Bowl of Hygeia – Katherine Bass, PharmD. This award recognizes a pharmacist for outstanding and continuing activity in the community outside of the profession. This award is co-sponsored by the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA).
- Excellence in Innovation Award – Danielle Colayco, PharmD, MS. This award recognizes a pharmacist who has demonstrated innovative pharmacy practice resulting in improved patient care or had a significant impact on the profession of pharmacy. This award is co-sponsored by NASPA.
- New Practitioner of the Year – Patrick Tabon, PharmD, APh, BCPS, BCGP, BCACP. This award recognizes the outstanding new practitioner (graduated within the last 10 years) who has demonstrated energetic leadership at multiple levels of pharmacy.
- Steven C. Feldman Compounding Award – Richard Rhoads, PharmD. This award recognizes an individual who is a leader in California pharmacy by virtue of their activities to advance the practice of compounding.
- Student Pharmacist of the Year – Van Cathy Pham, PharmD Candidate 2022, Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy. This award recognizes a pharmacy student who demonstrates leadership among their peers and is an active part of their student chapter, CPhA chapter, school, and community.
In addition, the Committee selected three inductees to the California Pharmacy Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame honors individuals who are inspiration to the practice of pharmacy in California, as exemplified by a long and distinguished history of service, achievement in several arenas, character, innovation, trend setting and altruism.
- Colleen Carter, PharmD, FCPhA
- Steven Gray, PharmD, JD
- Irwin Sitkoff, PharmD, RPh
The Committee selected six individuals to be recognized as Fellows of CPhA. This designation signifies that a designee has made significant contributions to CPhA and to the profession of pharmacy that go far beyond regular pharmacy practice.
- Richard Dang, PharmD, APh, BCACP
- Tony Dao, PharmD, CPHIMS, CSSBB, LSSBB, PMC HI
- Nathan Painter, PharmD, CDCES, FADCES
- James Patrick Person
- Sally Rafie, PharmD, BCPS, APh, NCMP, FCCP
- Ken Thai, Pharm.D., APh
CPhA is thrilled to honor these deserving awardees for their excellence in pharmacy practice and dedication to the profession. For more information about CPhA awards, visit cpha.com/awards.
The California Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is the largest statewide professional association for pharmacists, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the country. CPhA represents the pharmacy profession all practice settings and promotes the health of the public through the practice of pharmacy.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210428006155/en/
Marketing & Communications Manager
Source: The California Pharmacists Association
View this news release online at: