PAREXEL Announces Appointment of New Members to Its Board of Directors
- Josef von Rickenbach, Chairman of the Board, PAREXEL: Co-founder and former CEO of PAREXEL, Mr. von Rickenbach took PAREXEL from its pioneering beginnings as one of the first clinical research organizations in the early 1980s to its place as a leading biopharmaceutical services provider with operations in more than 100 countries and a valuation of over $5 billion. Mr. von Rickenbach holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics from the School of Business at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences in Switzerland, and a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School.
- Jamie Macdonald, Chief Executive Officer, PAREXEL: Appointed PAREXEL CEO in March 2018, Mr. Macdonald is a seasoned leader of the clinical research industry and holds nearly 25 years of leadership experience with leading global biopharmaceutical services companies, including serving as CEO of INC Research (now known as Syneos Health). He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland and is a qualified Chartered Management Accountant.
- Göran Ando, M.D., Senior Advisor, EW Healthcare Partners: Dr. Ando is an established leader bringing 35 years of experience in the global biopharmaceutical industry, most recently serving as CEO of CellTech Group PLC. During his career Dr. Ando held several leadership positions at Pharmacia AB, Glaxo, Astra Research Centre, Bristol-Myers and Pfizer. Currently Dr. Ando serves as Chairman of the Board of Novo Nordisk. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from Uppsala University in Sweden and Doctor of Medicine degree from Linköping University in Sweden.
- Kyle Armbrester, Chief Executive Officer, Signify Health: As CEO of Signify Health, Mr. Armbrester oversees the strategic direction and growth of the Company. Prior to his current role, Mr. Armbrester held several positions at athenahealth, most recently as Senior Vice President and Chief Product Officer. Prior to his tenure at athenahealth, he held various roles related to technology and health-technology consulting and strategy, and previously founded two cloud-based companies. Mr. Armbrester holds a Bachelor of Arts from Harvard College and a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School.
- Bob Ellis, Independent Director: Mr. Ellis is an experienced independent director with specialization in global operations and finance and has worked with private equity, banks and other public and private companies to enhance value in their investments. Mr. Ellis currently serves as Chairman on several boards, including KCA Deutag, Stelrad, Whittan and Reconomy, and sits on the boards of Stemcor and Five Ten.
- John Halsted, Managing Partner, Pamplona Capital Management: Mr. Halsted is a Managing Partner at Pamplona Capital Management LLP, Private Equity and brings over 17 years of experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Pamplona, Mr. Halsted served as the Chief Investment Officer of Beacon Venture Partners and as Senior Vice President of Beacon Capital Partners, and also held a variety of strategic finance and consulting roles throughout his career. Mr. Halsted holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley and a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School.
- Maykin Ho, Ph.D., Venture Partner, Qiming Venture Partners: Dr. Ho brings more than 30 years of experience in the healthcare and finance industries. She is a retired partner of Goldman Sachs and Co., where she served as Advisory Director of Global Healthcare Investment Banking and co-head of US Healthcare for Global Investment Research. In addition to her current role at Qiming Venture Partners, Dr. Ho serves on the Board of Directors for Agios Pharmaceuticals, the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center and the Institute for Protein Innovation. Dr. Ho holds a Ph.D. in microbiology and immunology and a Bachelor of Science in biology from the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Ho was a postdoctoral fellow at Harvard Medical School and is also a graduate of the Advanced Management Program at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.
- David Werry, Vice President and Head of Transformation, Aetna: Mr. Werry is Vice President, Head of Transformation at Aetna. Prior to leading the Transformation organization, Mr. Werry oversaw Aetna’s member-facing capabilities as the Vice President of Consumer Health Products. Previously, Mr. Werry served as Global Head of Biotech at PPD, managed and invested in health care businesses at Hellman & Friedman, and worked in Morgan Stanley’s health care investment banking group. Mr. Werry holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School. He is also the founder of the non-profit organization Carolina Dreams.
“In this new phase as a private organization, it is essential that PAREXEL has deep and diverse leadership expertise,” said Josef von Rickenbach, Chairman of the Board. “We are excited to introduce these exceptional individuals on PAREXEL’s Board of Directors. Their variety of backgrounds, leadership experience and knowledge are incredibly beneficial to PAREXEL and we look forward to their contributions as they help shape our organization for success.”
About PAREXEL International
PAREXEL International Corporation is a leading innovator of global biopharmaceutical services. We simplify our clients’ journey of transforming scientific discoveries into new medical treatments for patients with high-quality Phase I-IV clinical research, regulatory, consulting and market access services. PAREXEL develops breakthrough innovations and solutions by leveraging its comprehensive therapeutic, technical and functional expertise, in more than 100 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.PAREXEL.com.
PAREXEL is a registered trademark of PAREXEL International Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Source: PAREXEL International Corporation