ONCOTELIC THERAPEUTICS, INC. ANNOUNCES PRESENTATION AT AYURVEDIC PERSPECTIVES ON COVID-19.
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., March 31, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oncotelic Inc., Inc. (“Oncotelic” or the “Company”) (OTCQB:OTLC) (f/k/a Mateon Therapeutics, Inc.) announced today that the Chopra Foundation and Jiva are collaborating to bring a webinar regarding new approaches for managing COVID-19 cases as cases spike and new variants arise. The webinar- AYURVEDIC PERSPECTIVES ON COVID-19- is April 15 8:00P -9:30PM IST/ 7:30AM-9:00AM PST. The presenters are as follow:
- Inflammation and the Pandemic. Dr. Deepak Chopra, MD, FACP, The Chopra Foundation
- Ayurveda & COVID Management in India. Dr. Partap Chauhan, BAMS, Founder and Director, JIVA Ayurveda
- PulmoHeal and its use for COVID. Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar, Director of Ayurvedic Healing Inc., Advisor to Chopra Center
- COVID Management in Indian Hospitals. Dr. Vishal Rao, MD, Chief of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, HCG Cancer Centre
- Pandemic vs Endemic. Prof. Paul J Mills, Family Medicine and Public Health, University of California, San Diego.
- AI for self-assessment of COVID symptoms. Mr. Saran Saund, Chief Business Officer, Oncotelic Therapeutics Inc.
- Post Recovery Therapy for COVID. Dr. Vuong Trieu, Chief Executive Officer, Oncotelic Therapeutics Inc.
- Ayurvedic Herbs and COVID. Prof. Shekhar Annambhotla BAMS, MD, Founder of Ayurveda Wellness Center - Ojas, LLC.
PulmoHeal™ consists of three components:
- A mobile app called ArtiHealth™ powered by Mateon’s AI platform that allows patients to submit a questionnaire and a daily cough recording to receive real-time information on their respiratory function and progress over time. Mateon has signed a joint development agreement with IBM Watson Health Research division to collectively work on AI models for respiratory assessments from Mateon’s data collection initiatives.
- A post-marketing survey (PMS) platform to crowd-source user experience for new indications.
- The drug PulmoHealTM, a broad-spectrum, lung therapy food supplement that is supported by a multi-center rigorous clinical study that has demonstrated efficacy against the viral respiratory infection- COVID-19;
Additional information at www.pulmoheal.com
About Oncotelic Therapeutics
Oncotelic Therapeutics, Inc. (f/k/a Mateon Therapeutics, Inc.) (“Oncotelic”), was formed in the State of New York in 1988 as OXiGENE, Inc., was reincorporated in the State of Delaware in 1992, and changed its name to Mateon Therapeutics, Inc. in 2016, and Oncotelic Therapeutics, Inc. in November 2020.
Oncotelic was created by the 2019 merger with Oncotelic Inc., which became a wholly owned subsidiary of Mateon, thereby creating an immuno-oncology company dedicated to the development of first in class RNA therapeutics as well as small molecule drugs against cancer and infectious diseases. OT-101, the lead immuno-oncology drug candidate of Oncotelic, is a first-in-class anti-TGF-βRNA therapeutic that exhibited single agent activity in some relapsed/refractory cancer patients in clinical trial settings. OT-101 also has activity against SARS-CoV-2. Oncotelic is seeking to leverage its deep expertise in oncology drug development to improve treatment outcomes and survival of cancer patients with a special emphasis on rare pediatric cancers. Mateon has rare pediatric designation for DIPG (OT-101), melanoma (CA4P), and AML (OXi4503). The Company merged with PointR Data Inc. (“PointR”) in November 2019. The PointR Merger was intended to create a publicly-traded artificial intelligence driven immuno-oncology company with a robust pipeline of first in class TGF-β immunotherapies for late-stage cancers. In February 2020, the Company formed a subsidiary, Edgepoint. Edgepoint is a start-up company that plans to develop technologies and IP related to various unmet issues within the pharma and medical device industries. The Company is planning to spin off Edgepoint into a separate public company in the near future.
Oncotelic's Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included in this communication regarding strategy, future operations, future financial position, prospects, plans and objectives of management are forward-looking statements. Words such as “may”, “expect”, “anticipate” “hope”, “vision”, “optimism”, “design”, “exciting”, “promising”, “will”, “conviction”, "estimate," "intend," "believe", “quest for a cure of cancer”, “innovation-driven”, “paradigm-shift”, “high scientific merit”, “impact potential” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements contained in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements about future plans, the progress, timing, clinical development, scope and success of future clinical trials, the reporting of clinical data for the company’s product candidates and the potential use of the company’s product candidates to treat various cancer indications. Each of these forward-looking statements involves risks and uncertainties and actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. Many factors may cause differences between current expectations and actual results, including unexpected safety or efficacy data observed during preclinical or clinical studies, clinical trial site activation or enrollment rates that are lower than expected, changes in expected or existing competition, changes in the regulatory environment, failure of collaborators to support or advance collaborations or product candidates and unexpected litigation or other disputes. These risks are not exhaustive, the company faces known and unknown risks, including the risk factors described in the Company’s annual report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on May 20, 2020 and in the company’s other periodic filings. Forward-looking statements are based on expectations and assumptions as of the date of this press release. Except as required by law, the company does not assume any obligation to update forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in expectations, whether as a result of new information future events, or otherwise.
For Oncotelic Therapeutics, Inc.: