Ohio Students Seek to Solve Heart Disease, Will Present to State Leaders and Battelle Scientists
One hundred students will visit Battelle for the event. The students were invited to Battelle to represent more than 1,000 Ohio students who participated in the 2018 Statewide Ohio Heart Health Design Challenge, organized by the Ohio STEM Learning Network. The network is a public-private partnership managed by Battelle.
1. National Inventors Hall of Fame STEM Middle School – Akron
2. National Inventors Hall of Fame STEM High School – Akron
3. St. Vincent de Paul Parish School – Akron
4. STEAMM Academy @ Hartford Middle School – Akron
5. Winchester Trail Elementary School – Canal Winchester
6. Allen Elementary – Chillicothe
7. Chillicothe Middle School
8. Mt. Logan Elementary – Chillicothe
9. SCOPES (Science Cooperative of Physicians and Elementary Students) Academy at Unioto Elementary School – Chillicothe
10. Cleveland School of Science and Medicine
11. Metro Early College High School – Columbus
12. Metro Institute of Technology – Columbus
13. Ann Simpson Davis Middle School – Dublin
14. Ridgeview STEM Junior High – Pickerington
15. Herbert Mills Elementary – Reynoldsburg
16. Health Sciences & Human Services STEM Academy (HS)2 – Reynoldsburg
17. Kalida High School
18. Chase STEMM Academy – Toledo
19. Valley STEM + ME2 Academy – Youngstown
WHEN: May 15, 2018, 10 – 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Battelle, 505 King Avenue, Columbus, Ohio. Open house to be held in lobby.
B.J. Hicks, Co-Director of the Stroke Program at Riverside Hospital
Brenda Houston, Executive Director at the American Heart Association, Central Ohio
Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted
Dr. Clint Koenig, Ohio Medical Director at the Ohio Department of Health
Aimee Kennedy, Senior Vice-President of Education, Philanthropy and STEM Learning at Battelle
Battelle CEO Lou Van Thaer
Battelle is a secured campus. Members of the media are asked to RSVP to Katy Delaney (firstname.lastname@example.org) or T.R. Massey (email@example.com). Attendees from other organizations should register with Julie Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, May 11.
About the Ohio STEM Learning Network
The Ohio STEM Learning Network was created in 2008 with five schools. Today, the network has grown to 55 total STEM schools, which enroll more than 18,000 students. The schools are supported by seven regional hubs.
Every day, the people of Battelle apply science and technology to solving what matters most. At major technology centers and national laboratories around the world, Battelle conducts research and development, designs and manufactures products, and delivers critical services for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio since its founding in 1929, Battelle serves the national security, health and life sciences, and energy and environmental industries. For more information, visit www.battelle.org.