Cynosure, Inc. Announces 35 Clinical Research Presentations At 34th ASLMS Annual Conference
Published: Apr 02, 2014
WESTFORD, Mass., April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cynosure, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYNO) today announced that 21 oral abstracts and 14 e-posters are scheduled for presentation this week at LASER 2014, the 34th Annual Scientific Conference of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS). LASER 2014 takes place today through April 6 at the Phoenix Convention Center/Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
The 35 presentations will discuss clinical results with Cynosure's products in several key areas, including skin rejuvenation and minimally invasive treatments for laser body contouring and lower face and neck revitalization. A total of 10 presentations will focus on new potential aesthetic indications for Cynosure's flagship PicoSure Picosecond Laser Workstation, the first FDA-cleared picosecond device for the removal of tattoos and benign pigmented lesions.
"The scientific data being presented at LASER 2014 demonstrates the positive clinical outcomes of subjects treated with a number of our leading-edge technologies across a broad range of aesthetic indications," said Michael Davin, Cynosure's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The research addresses the experience with Cynosure's suite of aesthetic technology, including Precision Tx, our new minimally invasive precision laser for contouring of smaller areas as well as Cellulaze and Smartlipo for cellulite and fat removal. In addition, research will be presented on multiple studies focused on our non-invasive technology for skin rejuvenation, hyperhidrosis and hair removal."
"The data being presented on PicoSure is particularly significant, because it demonstrates the efficacy clinical investigators have seen with the device in studies of potential new applications such as skin rejuvenation, acne scarring and skin toning, areas for which we are currently pursuing regulatory clearances," Davin said. "Several of the presentations are expected to discuss the clinical experience with the FOCUS lens array, our new PicoSure energy delivery system, in stimulating collagen production and remodeling skin while treating aesthetic indications."
Seven oral abstracts and three e-posters discussing Cynosure's PicoSure Picosecond Laser Workstation will be presented at LASER 2014:
Cutaneous Laser Surgery
- "Diffractive Lens Array with Picosecond Laser for Facial Acne Scarring: Follow Up and Histology," Roy G. Geronemus, Viktoryia Kazlouskaya, Yoon-Soo Cindy Bae, Hamad Alabdulrazzaq, Leonard J. Bernstein, Robert Anolik, Patricia A. Heller, Jeremy A. Brauer, Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, Ackerman Academy Dermatopathology, New York, NY
- "Picosecond Laser for Reduction of Wrinkles," Robert A. Weiss, Margaret A. Weiss, Karen Beasley, MD Laser Skin Vein Institute, Baltimore, MD
- "Treatment of Facial Photodamage and Rhytides Using a Picosecond Pulsed Alexandrite Laser and Specifically Designed Focus Optic," David McDaniel, McDaniel Institute of Anti Aging Research, Virginia Beach, VA
- "Rapid Removal of Red Tattoo Pigment with a Novel 532nm Nd:YAG Picoseconds Laser," Hamad Alabdulrazzaq, Yoon-Soo Cindy Bae, Jeremy A. Brauer, Roy G. Geronemus, Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, New York, NY
- "Single vs Repeat Exposure Tattoo Removal During Single Sessions with Pico-Second Pulse Duration Laser Technology," Suzanne L. Kilmer, Trenton Custis, Laser & Skin Surgery Center of Northern California, Sacramento, CA
- "Dose Optimization with a Picosecond 755nm Alexandrite Laser for Tattoo Removal," Emil Tanghetti, Margo Tanghetti, Center for Dermatology and Laser Surgery, Sacramento, CA
Experimental and Translational Research
- "A Clinical and Histological Study of Skin Treated with a Pico-Second Alexandrite Laser Comparing a Uniform Treatment Spot and a Spatially Modulated Spot," Emil Tanghetti, Margo Tanghetti, Center for Dermatology and Laser Surgery, Sacramento, CA
- "A Randomized, Split-Face, Double-Blind Clinical Pilot Study of Combination Picosecond Alexandrite Laser and Non-Hydroquinone Topical Therapy Versus Topical Therapy Alone for the Treatment of Melasma," Daniel P. Friedmann MD, Pamela Chayavichitsilp MD, Ana Marie Liolios MD, Mitchel P. Goldman MD
- "Novel uses of a Picosecond 755 NM Alexandrite Laser Treatment for the Treatment of Pigmentary Abnormalities: A Case Series," Daniel P. Friedmann MD, Pamela Chayavichitsilp MD, Ana Marie Liolios MD, Mitchel P. Goldman MD
- "Evaluation of Safety and Efficacy Following Pico-pulsed Alexandrite Laser Treatment to Solar Lentigines on the Dorsum of the Hand," Raminder Saluja, MD
The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. (ASLMS) is the world's largest scientific organization dedicated to promoting research, education and high standards of clinical care in the field of medical laser and other energy based applications and technologies. It provides a forum for the exchange of scientific information and participates in communicating the latest developments in laser medicine and surgery to clinicians, research investigators, government and regulatory agencies, and the public.
About Cynosure, Inc.
Cynosure develops and markets aesthetic treatment systems that enable plastic surgeons, dermatologists and other medical practitioners to perform non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures to remove hair, treat vascular and benign pigmented lesions, remove multi-colored tattoos, revitalize the skin, liquefy and remove unwanted fat through laser lipolysis, reduce cellulite, clear nails infected by toe fungus and ablate sweat glands. Cynosure's product portfolio is composed of a broad range of energy sources including Alexandrite, diode, Nd: YAG, picosecond, pulse dye, and Q-switched lasers and intense pulsed light. Cynosure sells its products globally under the Cynosure, Palomar and ConBio brand names through a direct sales force in the United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom, Australia, China, Japan and Korea, and through international distributors in approximately 120 other countries. For corporate or product information, visit Cynosure's website at www.cynosure.com.
Any statements in this press release about new potential applications for PicoSure, as well as other statements containing the words "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," "will" and similar expressions, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including the market price of Cynosure's stock prevailing from time to time, the nature of other investment opportunities presented to the Company from time to time, the Company's cash flows from operations, levels of demand for procedures performed with Cynosure products and for Cynosure products themselves, Cynosure's ability to achieve anticipated synergies in calendar 2014, competition in the aesthetic laser industry, general business and economic conditions, effects of acquisitions that Cynosure has made or may make, Cynosure's ability to develop and commercialize new products, Cynosure's reliance on sole source suppliers, the inability to accurately predict the timing or outcome of regulatory decisions, and economic, market, technological and other factors discussed in Cynosure's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the year ended December 31, 2013. In addition, the forward-looking statements included in this press release represent Cynosure's views as of the date of this press release. Cynosure anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its views to change. However, although Cynosure may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, it specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing Cynosure's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Sharon Merrill Associates, Inc.
SOURCE Cynosure, Inc.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.