Startups Continue Banking Cash
New kid on the block Tmunity just banked a series A funding round worth $100 million. The investors are an interesting mix. They include Facebook billionaire Sean Parker as well as bay area biotech Gilead. The funds raised will partly go towards funding two clinical trials that have already opened, although patients haven’t been dosed yet. Both trials employ genetically modified T-cells.
Here's a roundup of these stories and other top financial news from the past month.
- New Kid Tmunity Banks $100M From Gilead and Facebook Billionaire Sean Parker
- New SoCal Biotech Launches With $55.3M Backed by Novartis, Sanofi and 5AM Ventures
- Why Investors Should Avoid Israeli Biotechs Like the Plague
- Biotechs Froth as Famed Startup Incubator Y Combinator Joins $100B Anti-Aging Quest
- Cambridge's Pandion Therapeutics Emerges With $58M and Two Superstar Execs as CEO, CSO
Read More From Karl Thiel:
Get Ready for the M&A Explosion