Stem Cell Therapy Market Size to Reach Around USD 31.41 BN by 2030
The global stem cell therapy market size was estimated at USD 11.22 billion in 2022 and it is projected to reach around USD 31.41 billion by 2030 and growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.73% during the forecast period 2023 to 2030.
The global stem cell therapy market size will expand to USD 24.29 billion by 2028. Accelerated funding for stem cell therapies is expected to be the major cause driving the growth of stem cell therapy market. Constantly rising interest of investors in stem cell-based therapeutics due to introduction of innovative therapies providing effective treatments for several fatal disorders is one of the major factors driving the market.
Ask here for sample PDF@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1989
In recent years, pharmaceutical companies have shown increased interest in stem cell therapy and partnering with biotechnology companies. The need for newer and better treatment solutions for cardiac, neurological and autoimmune disorders has resulted in overall increase in the research and development activities of this market. In addition to this, increased awareness of availability of promising solutions for severe disorders with the use of stem cell therapies also drives the growth of stem cell therapy market. Furthermore, several start-ups have also started entering the market and creating greater impact in stem cell therapeutics.
What are the market trends of Stem Cell Therapy?
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, stem cell therapy was an emerging field with several market trends. However, please note that the field of medicine and market trends are constantly evolving, so it's essential to consult up-to-date sources for the latest information. Here are some market trends related to stem cell therapy up until September 2021:
- Increasing Adoption: Stem cell therapy has gained significant attention and adoption due to its potential for regenerative medicine. It holds promise for treating a wide range of conditions such as neurological disorders, cardiovascular diseases, orthopedic injuries, and autoimmune disorders.
- Growing Investment: There has been a significant increase in investment in stem cell research and development. Public and private funding, venture capital investments, and strategic partnerships have fueled the growth of the industry. These investments have facilitated clinical trials, product development, and commercialization efforts.
- Favorable Regulatory Environment: Regulatory authorities in various countries have taken steps to provide a clear pathway for stem cell therapies. Regulatory frameworks are evolving to ensure patient safety and facilitate the development and commercialization of stem cell-based products. These regulations aim to balance innovation and safety while addressing ethical concerns.
- Expanding Clinical Applications: Stem cell therapy is being explored for an expanding range of clinical applications. Researchers are investigating its potential in areas such as neurodegenerative disorders (e.g., Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases), spinal cord injuries, diabetes, heart disease, and age-related macular degeneration. As research progresses and more clinical evidence becomes available, the potential applications are expected to increase.
- Technological Advancements: Advances in stem cell isolation, expansion, and differentiation techniques have contributed to the progress of stem cell therapies. Scientists are exploring various sources of stem cells, including embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), and adult stem cells. Additionally, emerging technologies like gene editing (e.g., CRISPR) have the potential to enhance the precision and efficacy of stem cell-based treatments.
- Global Market Growth: The stem cell therapy market has witnessed significant growth and is expected to continue expanding. Factors driving market growth include the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, an aging population, rising awareness among patients and healthcare professionals, and favorable reimbursement policies. The market encompasses therapeutics, cell banking, tools and reagents, and services related to stem cell research and therapy.
It's important to note that these trends are based on information available until September 2021, and the field of stem cell therapy continues to evolve rapidly. For the most up-to-date and accurate market trends, I recommend consulting recent market reports, scientific literature, and industry sources.
Based on product type, adult stem cells segment is expected to have largest share over the forecast period. This is attributed to the increasing use of adult stem cells in regenerative medicines. Adult stem cells come from a patient’s own body and cannot be rejected after transplantation. This segment has more advantages over human embryonic stem cells segment.
Human embryonic stem cells segment is supposed to be the next largest segment over the forecast period due to rising awareness of human embryonic stem cell preservation among major population.
Ask here for customization study@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/customization/1989
Market Size in 2028
USD 24.29 Billion
13.73% from 2023 to 2032
North America Market Share
53% in 2021
Allogenic Stem Cell Therapy Segment Share
58.5% in 2021
Regenerative Medicine Segment Share
91% in 2021
Adult Stem Cells Segment Share
85.9% in 2021
Based on application, regenerative medicine segment is anticipated to register largest share in the market in upcoming years. The demand for regenerative medicines is projected to grow at a higher rate due to development of emerging treatments related to life threatening disorders and increasing number of approvals associated with the clinical trials in stem cell therapy. On the other hand, some government organizations are investing profoundly in the development of regenerative medicines.
Drug discovery and development is another segment which is supposed to grow at relatively higher rates because of continuous research and development activities are being performed for discovering novel stem cell-based therapies. In addition, investors are attracted towards this market and investing heavily for the development of advanced therapies which provides best alternative treatments for severe disorders.
Based on therapy, allogenic therapy segment dominates the market because of its cost effectivity and ready availability. Allogenic stem cell therapy includes transfer of stem cells from a healthy donor to the patient’s body after a high intensity chemotherapy or radiation. Allogenic therapy uses unrestrictive cell doses of biologically fit cells and there are no donor variability issues. This segment is expected to grow at a higher rate in upcoming years because of its varied applications for majorly supporting cancer treatments. This segment is supposed to treat cancers like leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
Autologous segment is also expected to grow in the coming years as this therapy is immunologically safe and does not show any adverse immune reaction.
End User Insights
The end user segment can be fragmented into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, research institutes, hospitals, and others. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies have reported largest market share in 2022 due to increased investments in research and development activities for the development and adoption of novel stem cell-based therapies to cure cancer, cardiac and neurological disorders.
Research institutes followed by hospital are anticipated to exhibit substantial market share in upcoming years due to numerous investments that are carried on stem cell therapies. For instance, In Feb 2022, researchers stated that they have designed a transplant of experimental pancreatic stem cell therapy to restore patient’s ability to produce their own insulin and thus they may be close to treat Type-I Diabetes. Hospitals are also engaged in supporting research activities in developing advanced stem cell therapies.
Based on regional analysis, North America accounted for the largest region in stem cell therapy market in 2022. North America region dominates the market due to the presence of major market players existing in the region. Advanced healthcare infrastructure, promising reimbursement and government policies, rising awareness about stem cell therapies among major population residing in the region are other factors propelling the stem cells therapy market in this region. Investors are largely attracted towards the stem cells therapy market in this region due rising research and development activities for developing advanced therapies and bringing better solutions to healthcare professionals and patients suffering from fatal disorders.
Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be the next largest growing market due presence of emerging pharmaceutical companies collaborating in countries like China, Japan and India to invest in this market. Number of small start-ups entering the stem cell therapy market in theses developing regions have also been reported. Ongoing clinical trials on a large scale and presence of stem cell banks in the region are also expected to create a global footprint of the market in this region. Europe is supposed to be the next largest region in the market.
COVID-19 impact on Stem Cell Therapy Market
COVID-19 pandemic has largely affected healthcare sector economically across the globe. This pandemic showed huge threat to the public health. The direct and immediate impact of COVID-19 has resulted in mortality and morbidity.
During the pandemic, researchers were actively involved in discovering new treatments to cure SARS CoV-2 virus with the use of stem cell therapy. Government and other healthcare organizations participated in investing numerous amounts on research and development activities in developing treatments against COVID-19. For instance, in May 2020, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIMR) approved emergency funding and allocated $5 million for regenerative medicines and stem cell research that could rapidly advance treatments for COVID-19.
- Stem Cells Market - https://www.precedenceresearch.com/stem-cells-market
- Cell Culture Media Market - https://www.precedenceresearch.com/cell-culture-media-market
- 3D Cell Culture Market - https://www.precedenceresearch.com/3d-cell-culture-market
- Stem Cell Therapy Market - https://www.precedenceresearch.com/stem-cell-therapy-market
Key Market Developments
- In June 2019, Baylx Inc. received U.S. FDA clearance of Investigational New Drug (IND) application for BX-U001, an umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cell product in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- In Aug 2017, Lifecell launched an advanced umbilical cord collection kit for the benefit of parents opting for stem cell banking
Key Market Players
- Athersys, Inc.
- Mesoblast Ltd
- Cellular Biomedicine Group
- Gamida Cell
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
- NuVasive Inc.
- Pharmicell Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
Segments Covered in the Report
- Adult Stem cells
- Epithelial/ Skin
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
- Very Small Embryonic Like Stem Cells
- Cell Acquisition
- Bone Marrow Harvest
- Umbilical Blood Cord
- Cell Production
- Therapeutic Cloning
- In-vitro Fertilization
- Cell Culture
- Expansion and Sub-Culture
- Regenerative Medicine
- Cardiovascular and Myocardial Infraction
- Liver Disorder
- Drug Discovery and Development
By End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Call: USA - +1 9197 992 333 | IND - +91 93077 85324