Sparrow Pharmaceuticals to Present New Clinical Pharmacology Data on SPI-62 at the 24th European Congress of Endocrinology
PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sparrow Pharmaceuticals, an emerging, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel, targeted therapies for disorders of corticosteroid excess, today announced that it will present new clinical pharmacology data at the 24th European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE 2022) on its lead candidate, SPI-62, an HSD-1 inhibitor. Sparrow will be presenting the data during a poster session and at a corresponding Rapid Communications session.
The in-person poster presentation details are summarized below:
ECE 2022 In-Person Poster Presentation
- Title: HPA Axis Modulation by a Potent Inhibitor Indicates 11β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 (HSD-1) Is a Main Source of Cortisol That Can Bind Intracellular Receptors
- Authors: David A. Katz, Ph.D., and Mark Mortier
- Session Date/Time: 24 May 2022 at 13:20-14:30 GMT +2 in the Exhibit Hall
ECE 2022 In-Person Rapid Communication Session
- Location: Space 3
- Date/Time: 24 May 2022 at 11:50 – 12:20 GMT +2
- Poster will be presented through a pre-recorded presentation from 11:50 – 11:52 GMT +2 with a Q&A at the end of the session
To register and view the abstracts, visit ECE’s website here.
To learn more about Sparrow Pharmaceuticals and its leadership team, visit the website at www.sparrowpharma.com.
About Sparrow Pharmaceuticals
Sparrow Pharmaceuticals was founded to spare patients the ravages of steroids. Leveraging underappreciated scientific insights into corticosteroid biology, the company is working to provide better treatment options for serious disorders of hypercortisolism, and to revolutionize the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory conditions. Its lead product, SPI-62, is an oral, small molecule, novel therapeutic treatment designed to target the source of active intracellular corticosteroids in key tissues.
Source: Sparrow Pharmaceuticals