Naltrexone Demonstrates Promising Long COVID Application
- Naltrexone primarily used to treat alcohol and or opioid has now shown promise in treating Long COVID at low doses1
- Love Pharma announced Letter of Intent to acquire Naltrexone Therapeutics Inc. on 11 October 2022
- Naltrexone Therapeutics holds IP for transdermal delivery of Naltrexone, delivering benefits to patients through regulated dosage, greater bioavailability, ease of use and reduction and/or elimination of side effects
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / October 20, 2022 / LOVE Pharma Co. ("LOVE" and or "The Company") (CSE:LUV)(FSE:G1Q0), the Company having announced its nonbinding Letter of Intent (LOI) to acquire Naltrexone Therapeutics Inc., on October 11th, is pleased to share that Naltrexone has been identified to show promise in treatment of long COVID.1
- As reported by Reuters on October 17th, currently four clinical trials to test Naltrexone in hundreds of long COVID patients are planned1
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health $1 billion RECOVER Initiative has short listed Naltrexone to be tested in relation to uncovering underlying causes, finding treatments for long COVID1
- Low-dose Naltrexone may actually reverse some underlying pathology driving long COVID symptoms, beyond treating those symptoms caused by COVID damaging organs1
Currently Naltrexone is sold by several generic drug manufacturers in 50mg format, which is 10 times the low dose being considered for long COVID treatment, requiring low dose prescriptions to be compounded, which limits access and availability. Although requiring further study, Naltrexone Therapeutics transdermal delivery IP may offer a patient friendly, low-dose delivery solution that can be readily available to patients.
Naltrexone is an FDA approved opioid antagonist. Transdermal delivery of Naltrexone is anticipated to regulate dosage, reduce GI related side effects and improve the patient experience overall.
With significant promise in early applications in treating long COVID as reported, it is anticipated that transdermal delivery of Naltrexone can provide a drug plasma concentration at predetermined rate for a predetermined period of time. Safe, consistent doses will make the drug much more effective at reduced dosages required because the GI system is avoided with transdermal delivery.
As of May 2022 the World Health Organization reported that there were over 523 million COVID infections worldwide, and according to a National Library of Medicine report, 37.7% of COVID patients experience symptoms beyond 12 weeks from infection,2 translating to a significant market need for treatment.
Transdermal Delivery - How it works
- The transdermal formulation of a drug can be incorporated within a patch which is then applied to the skin surface of the patient
- A transdermal patch provides a consistent absorption rate over a pre-determined time as prescribed. The delivery method for transdermal delivery of suitable drugs can be highly flexible and can be applied for periods such as 24, 48, 72 , 96, 120, 144 hours - up to 7, 8, 13, 14 or 15 days
- Transdermal delivery overcomes the challenge of multiple dosage regimens associated with oral applications and accurately reflects the proper dosage entering the patient's system to address the symptoms, while also circumventing the GI tract and related side effects
The Company is not making any express or implied claims that its product has the ability to eliminate, cure or contain the Covid-19 (or SARS-2 Coronavirus) at this time
Zachary Stadnyk, CEO and Director
About Love Pharma Inc.
With a focus on the global sexual Health and Wellness markets, Love Pharma Inc. (CSE: LUV) (FSE: G1Q0) was founded in 2020, with a mission to bring to market innovative products that enhance sexual health and wellness while providing an improved quality of life. Love Pharma holds exclusive licenses to produce market, package, sell, and distribute patent-protected therapeutic and pharmaceutical products throughout Europe, the United Kingdom, and North America.
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: 1 (604) 343-2977
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the Canadian Securities Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Certain statements contained in this release may constitute "forward-looking statements" or "forward-looking information" (collectively "forward-looking information") as those terms are used in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and similar Canadian laws. These statements relate to future events or future performance. The use of any of the words "could", "intend", "expect", "believe", "will", "projected", "estimated", "anticipates" and similar expressions and statements relating to matters that are not historical facts are intended to identify forward-looking information and are based on the Company's current belief or assumptions as to the outcome and timing of such future events. Actual future results may differ materially. In particular, this release contains forward-looking information relating to the business of the Company, financing, and certain corporate changes. The forward-looking information contained in this release is made as of the date hereof and the Company is not obligated to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable securities laws. Because of the risks, uncertainties and assumptions contained herein, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The foregoing statements expressly qualify any forward-looking information contained herein.
SOURCE: Love Pharma Inc.
View source version on accesswire.com: