MedShape Solutions, Inc. Showcases Breakthrough ACL Reconstruction Technology at The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting
Published: Feb 14, 2011
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- MedShape will be demonstrating the recently introduced ExoShape interference fixation device for ACL reconstruction that preserves soft tissue graft orientation, provides superior graft protection, and class-leading fixation.
- ExoShape CL, a two-part PEEK Altera interference fixation device simplifies and improves soft tissue graft fixation during anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructive surgery. The product was recently used successfully for the first time in a knee ligament reconstruction procedure performed by Champ L. Baker, Jr., M.D., at the Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital in Phenix City, Alabama.
- ExoShape's design supports the evolution of reconstruction techniques to more accurately replicate complex native ACL functionality. This unique fixation device features a non-rotational deployment technique that preserves the surgeon's desired soft tissue graft bundle orientation and tension during single-tunnel double-bundle procedures, eliminating undesirable variables common to previous techniques.
- Demonstration of the device in the booth and animation of the procedure featured.
- Medical representatives on site to provide answers to surgical technique questions.
San Diego Conference Center
Kurt Jacobus, President and CEO
Ken Gall, CTO
Jim Lorenzo, VP Sales
Rick Leach, VP Marketing
Jimmy Blanchard, Regional Sales Manager
Bob Jacobs, Regional Sales Manager
Kathryn Smith, Post Doctoral Scientist
"I was impressed with the performance of the ExoShape device. I believe that many surgeons will recognize the significant benefits of the ExoShape device and will adopt it for their soft tissue fixation procedures." -- Champ L. Baker, Jr., M.D, Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital, Phenix City, Alabama
Note: Dr. Baker used ExoShape successfully in a knee ligament reconstruction procedure.
"I find the shape memory polymer technology very appealing. MedShape is able to design and manufacture biocompatible fixation devices that easily change shape inside the body. This material capability allows simplified device insertion followed by active expansion for excellent fixation." -- Geoffrey Higgs, M.D.
MedShape Solutions, Inc. is a privately held medical device company focused on developing orthopedic devices from proprietary shape memory technology. In June 2010, the company's initial product, the MORPHIX Suture Anchor, received the prestigious Gold Award at the Medical Device + Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) meeting, based on its superior design and proprietary shape memory polymer. For more information about how MedShape is Shaping the Future of Orthopedics, visit www.medshape.com.
SOURCE MedShape Solutions, Inc.