Biotech Showcase™ Survey Reveals Executive and Investor Predictions for Life Science Investment Trends in 2019
NEW YORK, SAN FRANCISCO & CARLSBAD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Biotech Showcase™, one of the largest biotech investor conferences in the world, today revealed the results of a pre-conference survey of life science executives and investors regarding the 2019 biotech landscape. Several questions asked about how biotech investment may change due to U.S. stock market volatility, the U.S. and China trade war, and/or the U.K. exit from the E.U. Overall, results reflect a bright outlook for U.S. biotech investment but signal potential challenges abroad.
Survey results are available for viewing and downloading here.
“Each year life science investors and leaders gather in January in San Francisco to set the stage for deals and investments in the coming year. The results of this survey indicate industry is primed to see continued investment in both ongoing therapeutic endeavors as well as novel innovations around the globe,” said Sara Demy, founder and CEO, Demy-Colton. “We look forward to seeing how the partnering and discussions that will take place at Biotech Showcase in 2019 will reflect and influence these trends throughout the new year.”
Key highlights from the 2019 Biotech Showcase survey include:
- A majority (65 percent) of life science investors and executives expect to see an increase in investment during 2019
- Biotech leaders think cell and gene therapy is poised to have biggest breakthrough in 2019 among the major categories
- China is predicted to see the biggest percentage increase in 2019 biotech investment dollars when compared to other global biotech hot spots
- Life science leaders do not expect the U.S. and China trade war to have an impact on their regional strategies, but they do expect it will have long-term impact on investments coming from that region
- 75 percent of investors expect to see a decrease in investments in the U.K. when it exits from the E.U. in March; other markets will see an increase or remain unchanged
The survey also contains predictive data around:
- Which U.S. cities will receive increased investment dollars
- What major challenges companies will face in securing investment dollars
- Predictions around 2019 stock market stability
Run concurrently with Biotech Showcase, China Showcase and Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase will also entice investors and entrepreneurs to convene and take a look at global biotech advancements. China Showcase provides attendees an opportunity to capitalize on cross-border investment and collaborations while learning about best practices and strategies for deal making in China, while the Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase will feature a series of presentations and thought leaders who can speak to the evolving landscape of digital health technology.
Since 2008, Demy-Colton has been at the forefront of building networks between leaders from innovative biotech companies and industry stakeholders to examine and address biotech opportunities and challenges and deliver on the promise of transformational science.
We do this through facilitating networking and biotech community development on an international scale. Our investor conferences and CEO Summits expand communities that transcend geographical boundaries establishing ongoing, high-value relationships that contributes greatly to the evolution of the biopharmaceutical ecosystems we cultivate.
We set a unique stage where biotech leaders, investors, and stakeholders can connect to realize significant opportunities for investment, learning, and growth. Our events spur introductions and thoughtful conversations. In turn, inspiration, ideas, and opportunities for investment flow. Demy-Colton’s expanding portfolio of conferences includes:
- Biotech Showcase™ – a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives
- Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase™ – A two and a half day meeting, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, where key opinion leaders, investors and CEOs in the digital medicine and medtech spaces examine the latest industry advances and trends.
- China Showcase – A one-day meeting, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, that highlights cross-border biotech investment and collaboration opportunities between China and the U.S.
- Biotech CEO Summit™ – An invitation-only, thought-provoking meeting for biotech industry leaders united by the common goal of driving responsible growth and innovation
- Biotech CEO Summit Europe™ – An invitation-only, one-of-a-kind event dedicated to helping the leadership of newly public and late stage private biotech companies navigate the constantly evolving biotech landscape
About EBD Group
EBD Group's overriding mission is to help collaborations get started across the life science value chain. Our range of partnering conferences has grown to become the largest and most productive conference platform in the industry. Each one of our seven landmark events held in key life science markets around the world is powered by our state-of-the-art partnering software, partneringONE®, that enables delegates to efficiently identify and engage with new opportunities via one-to-one meetings.
Today our events (BIO-Europe®, BIO-Europe Spring®, BioPharm America™, Biotech Showcase™, China Showcase, Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase, ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, Cell & Gene Connect, and BioEquity Europe) annually attract more than 12,000 senior life science executives who engage in over 48,000 one-to-one partnering meetings. These vital one-to-one engagements are the wellspring of deals that drive innovation in our industry.
Tune into EBD Group’s Partnering Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry. EBD Group is an Informa company. For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
Source: Biotech Showcase