Asuragen to Present at 2019 Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) Annual Meeting
Asuragen’s sessions at the Corporate Workshop Day on November 6 will highlight user experiences with the new AmplideX® PCR/CE SMN1/2 Plus Kit** and multiple assays within the company’s QuantideX® oncology product portfolio.
Asuragen will present four posters during the Scientific Poster Sessions, demonstrating its continuing innovation in translating molecular biology to impactful diagnostic products. Of note, a recent collaboration with ProteinSimple™, a Bio-Techne brand, combines the quantification of nucleic acid and protein markers relevant to targeted therapies and immune checkpoint inhibitors into a single, multiplexed workflow for Simple Western™ systems. “Diseases like non-small cell lung cancer require a multi-omics approach to better manage patients and this trend is likely to expand to other conditions as our knowledge of disease drivers grows,” said Robert Gavin, senior vice president, Analytical Systems Division at Bio-Techne. “Our collaboration with Asuragen represents a forward-looking approach for streamlining the analysis of clinically relevant targets across analyte types with a goal of transforming how these patients are diagnosed, treated, and managed.”
Asuragen’s Corporate Workshops will occur in Room 338 of the Baltimore Convention Center at 10am, 12pm, and 2pm, on Wednesday, respectively.
- Simple, Sensitive, and Scalable Patient Monitoring with the QuantideX qPCR BCR-ABL IS Kit
Presenter: Emily Adams, BS(ASCP)CM, clinical laboratory specialist and lead technologist at Johns Hopkins University, will review her analytical and clinical validation of the QuantideX qPCR BCR-ABL IS Kit and how the assay provides a highly-sensitive, rapid, and scalable solution for their molecular diagnostics laboratory.
- From Two Days to Four Hours: How the AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1/2 Plus Kit** Provides SMN1 and SMN2 Copy Number Information and More…
Presenter: Vivianna van Deerlin, MD, PhD, professor of pathology and laboratory medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, will share her experience with the new AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1/2 Plus Kit**, which automates the reporting of copy number, gene duplication, and disease modifier information on the SMN1 and SMN2 genes in less than four hours from a single PCR reaction.
- Next-Generation Sequencing Within Your Reach: Complete, NGS-in-a-Box™ Testing Solutions for DNA and RNA Variants in Cancer
Presenters: Nimesh Patel, MD, director of molecular pathology at Lifespan Academic Medical Center, and Stephen Hyter, PhD, senior scientist in pathology and laboratory medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center, will review why their institutions adopted the QuantideX NGS DNA Hotspot 21* and RNA Lung Cancer* Kits, respectively, and how these panels have empowered them to collect clinically relevant biomarker information via comparatively simple and streamlined NGS testing workflows.
The following will be presented during Friday’s poster session from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- G022: A Multiplex PCR/CE CFTR Assay Resolves Zygosity of the 23 ACMG/ACOG-recommended CFTR variants and Sizes poly-T and TG Repeats in a Single Tube. (Pranesh Rao)
- G044: A Rapid Diagnostic and Screening System for Spinal Muscular Atrophy that Reports Copy Number Changes, Single Nucleotide Variants and Small Indels (Huiping Zhu, PhD)
- I024: A Deep Learning Method for High-Throughput FMR1 Triplet Repeat Screening (Lando Ringel)
The following will be presented during Saturday’s poster session from 9:45-10:45 a.m.
- TT049: A Single-Platform Technology for Proteogenetic Biomarker Analysis in Oncology: Complementary Protein and RNA Quantification Relevant to Targeted and Immuno-therapies in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (Gary Latham, PhD)
“AMP affords us the unique opportunity to showcase our rapidly growing genetics and oncology product portfolios to a diverse audience spanning disease areas and practice types,” said Matthew McManus, MD, PhD, president and CEO of Asuragen. “As demonstrated through our numerous workshops, scientific posters, and collaborations, our best-in-class products for challenging genomic targets continue to provide simple, robust and reliable solutions for a highly dynamic customer base.”
The company will also have a presence at booth #2525 during the conference.
* For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
** Product in development. Specifications not finalized.
Asuragen is a molecular diagnostic product company changing the way patients are treated in genetics and oncology. Asuragen’s diagnostic systems, composed of proprietary chemistry and software, deliver powerful answers using broadly installed instrument platforms. They are simple to adopt and expand the ability to serve patients. Asuragen is a product foundry rapidly and efficiently addressing current and emerging clinical needs, including cancer diagnosis and monitoring, reproductive health and aging, serving laboratories across a patient’s lifespan with its best in class diagnostic tests. For more information, visit www.asuragen.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191030005266/en/
SVP, Corporate Development and CFO