inVentiv Health Takes Home Eight MM&M Awards
BURLINGTON, Mass.Oct. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- inVentiv Health, Inc., offering best-in-class clinical, commercial and consulting services to the healthcare industry, today announced that inVentiv Health companies won a total of eight awards at the 2011 MedicalMarketing & Media (MM&M) Awards, held in New York City on October 11. Biosector 2, Ignite Health and Patient Marketing Group each took home at least one Gold award, and Chandler Chicco Agency and Chamberlain Healthcare Public Relations took home Silver awards. Blue Diesel was recognized with both a Gold and Silver award.
The MM&M Awards recognize exceptional creativity and marketing effectiveness in the healthcare sector. Winners are selected by an independent panel of experts drawn from the fields of marketing, media and advertising.
- Biosector 2, a leading global healthcare public relations agency, was recognized with two Gold awards, including Best Use of Public Relations and Best Use of Social Media, for its work with Boehringer Ingelheim on Drive4COPD.
- Blue Diesel, a full-service, integrated advertising agency, won a Gold award in the category of Best Agency Self-Promotion for its promotional campaign featuring the fictional character Douglas Fur. Blue Diesel also took home the Silver award for Best Branded Website for Merck's MerckVaccines.com.
- Chandler Chicco Agency, the world's largest pure-play healthcare public relations firm, was honored with the Silver award for Best Use of Public Relations for its work with Sanofi on AF Stat: A Call to Action for Atrial Fibrillation.
- Chamberlain Healthcare Public Relations, a leading global healthcare public relations agency, was recognized in the Best Use of Social Media category with a Silver award for its work with Boehringer Ingelheim on HealthSeeker: Simple Steps, Healthier Together.
- Ignite Health, a leading marketing agency that delivers a full range of promotional solutions in the health and wellness market, received the Gold award for Best Disease/Education Website for its work with Vertex Pharmaceuticals on BetterToKnowC.
- Patient Marketing Group, specializing in the development of innovative patient relationship marketing programs, was honored with the Gold award for Best Online Patient Relationship/Support Program for work with Merck on MerckEngage MerckEngage Health Partnership Program.
About inVentiv Health
inVentiv Health, Inc. is a leading global provider of best-in-class clinical, commercial and consulting services to companies seeking to accelerate performance. inVentiv's client roster includes more than 550 pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, inVentiv rapidly transforms promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv Health Inc. is privately owned by inVentiv Group Holdings Inc., an organization sponsored by affiliates of Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P., Liberty Lane Partners and members of the inVentiv management team. For more information, visit http://www.inventivhealth.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks that may cause inVentiv Health's performance to differ materially. Such risks include, without limitation: the impact of our substantial level of indebtedness on our ability to generate sufficient cash to fulfill our obligations under our existing debt instruments or our ability to incur additional indebtedness; the impact of the consummation of any announced acquisitions, and any additional leverage we may incur in connection with the financing thereof, on the ratings of our debt securities; our ability to sufficiently increase our revenues and maintain or decrease expenses and cash capital expenditures to permit us to fund our operations; our ability to continue to comply with the covenants and terms of our credit facility and to access sufficient capital to fund our operations; the impact of any default by any of our credit providers or swap counterparties; our ability to accurately forecast costs to be incurred in providing services under fixed price contracts; our ability accurately forecast insurance claims within our self-insured programs; the potential impact of pricing pressures on pharmaceutical manufacturers from future healthcare reform initiatives or from changes in the reimbursement policies of third-party payers; our ability to grow our existing client relationships, obtain new clients and cross-sell our services; the potential impact of financial, economic, political and other risks, including interest rate and exchange rate risks, related to conducting business internationally; our ability to successfully operate new lines of business; our ability to manage our infrastructure and resources to support our growth; our ability to successfully identify new businesses to acquire, conclude acquisition negotiations and integrate the acquired businesses, including the acquisitions of i3 Global and PharmaNet Development Group, Inc., into our operations; any disruptions, impairments, or malfunctions affecting software as well as excessive costs or delays that may adversely impact our continued investment in and development of software; the potential impact of government regulation on us and on our client base; our ability to comply with all applicable laws as well as our ability to successfully implement from a timing and cost perspective any changes in applicable laws; our ability to recruit, motivate and retain qualified personnel, including sales representatives; the possibility that client agreements will be terminated or not renewed; consolidation in the pharmaceutical industry; changes in trends in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries or in pharmaceutical outsourcing, including initiatives by our clients to perform services we offer internally; the potential liability associated with bringing new drugs to market, including potential liability from injury to clinical trial participants; and the actual impact of the adoption of certain accounting standards; our ability to maintain technological advantages in a variety of functional areas, including sales force automation, electronic claims surveillance and patient compliance. Readers of this press release are referred to documents filed from time to time by inVentiv Health Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission for further discussion of these and other factors.
SOURCE inVentiv Health, Inc.