Endo International Announces Local Qualitest Scholarship Program Award Recipients
DUBLIN and HUNTSVILLE, Ala., June 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) (TSX: ENL) today announced the recipients of the Qualitest Scholarship Program Award, a program designed to make higher education more accessible for next generation Huntsville, Ala., leaders by providing a one-time tuition award grant of $5,000 to help fund their education at an accredited four-year college or university.
"Each of these accomplished, local students exemplifies leadership potential, and we are both pleased and proud to be able to help make their college education more accessible," said Rajiv De Silva, President and CEO of Endo. "Par Pharmaceutical and its generics portfolio are an important part of Endo's business, and this newly created local scholarship program reflects our dedication to the Qualitest legacy, as well as to our employees and the Huntsville region residents."
The ten award recipients were selected by the Qualitest Scholarship Board of Directors from over 100 applications, each of which included the student's educational and career goals and objectives, letters of recommendation and a school transcript. They are:
- Jalyn Bopp, an anticipated 2020 graduate and Pre-Medicine major at the University of Alabama
- Brent Carr, an anticipated 2018 graduate and Geography major at the University of South Alabama
- Anhkhoa Do, an anticipated 2020 graduate and Pre-Medicine major at the University of Alabama
- Valerie Gauthier, an anticipated 2020 graduate and Chemistry major at Wingate University
- Katilyn Lewter, an anticipated 2019 graduate and Animal Science major at the University of Tennessee
- Kelsey Neal, an anticipated 2020 graduate and Nursing major at the University of Alabama
- DeAsha Powell, an anticipated 2020 graduate and Nursing major at Auburn University
- Noel Sander, an anticipated 2020 graduate and Nursing major at the University of Alabama
- Morgan Sisk, an anticipated 2020 graduate and Biomedical Engineering major at Johns Hopkins University
- Edna Teiko-Awere, an anticipated 2020 graduate and Biology major at the University of Alabama
The program was open to dependent children, ages 20 and under, of full-time Par employees of the Huntsville facility, as well as high school seniors or graduates and enrolled undergraduate students, ages 20 or under, living within a 45-mile radius of Huntsville, Ala. In addition to academic performance, criteria considered by the Board of Directors included awards and honors earned by the students, extracurricular activities and work experience.
For more information about the Qualitest Scholarship Program, please visit https://scholarsapply.org/qualitest
The Qualitest Scholarship Program is sponsored by Endo and is managed through Scholarship America.
About Endo International plc
Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) (TSX: ENL) is a global specialty pharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives while creating shareholder value. Endo develops, manufactures, markets and distributes quality branded and generic pharmaceutical products as well as over-the-counter medications though its operating companies. Endo has global headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and U.S. headquarters in Malvern, PA. Learn more at www.endo.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/endo-announces-local-qualitest-scholarship-program-award-recipients-300282681.html
SOURCE Endo International plc