Cancer Profiling Market: Next Generation Sequencing Segment to Expand Significantly
Cancer Profiling Market: Introduction
Cancer profiling is an alternative to all traditional approaches to cancer treatment. It uses a focused personalized approach to a treatment that specifically targets an individual patient's tumor. Laboratory tests are carried to identify certain genes or gene mutations (changes), proteins, or other biomarkers in a sample of tumor tissue in order to provide a better, personalized treatment to the cancer patient.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cancer Profiling Market
- Rise in incidence rate of cancer worldwide is the major factor driving the market. Cancer is one of the leading causes of death, globally, after cardiovascular diseases. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths each year, with 70% new cancer cases expected to be reported over the next 20 years. Increase in cancer afflicted population is anticipated to be a key driver of the market. According to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report in 2014, the number of cancer patients diagnosed in the U.S. reached approximately 21 million. This number is estimated to reach 25.4 million by the end of 2024. Rising cancer cases boost the demand for early diagnosis or profiling of cancer, which ultimately fuels the market.
- Government funding for continuing research in tumor or cancer diagnostics and profiling is another major factor driving the market. Governments in developed and developing countries are conducting awareness campaigns to encourage people to opt for early diagnosis of cancer in order to reduce mortality and morbidity rate. This, in turn, is projected to boost the cancer profiling market during the forecast period. In April 2016, the U.S. Government assigned US$ 5.2 Bn for the National Cancer Institute (NCI). The budget was improved by 5.3% in comparison with the previous year. NCI conducts clinical trials on cancer patients who require repetitive diagnosis to check the prognosis of cancer.
- Technical issues with sample collection and storage is a key factor that is anticipated to hamper the market. Stringent quality control of these samples is required, and they need to be stored under the right conditions in order to prevent loss.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79924
Next Generation Sequencing Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on technology, the global cancer profiling market can be divided into: immunoassays, next generation sequencing, polymerase chain reaction, in situ hybridization, microarrays, mass spectrometry, and others
- The immunoassays segment, which includes immunohistochemistry, dominated the global cancer profiling market in 2019, followed by the next generation sequencing segment. Immunoassay is a conventional test that can detect changes at the protein level that occur not only from gene aberrations, most commonly gene amplifications, but also from specific DNA rearrangements or point mutations.
- The next generation sequencing segment is estimated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period. Advances in sequencing technologies, such as whole genome sequencing, have facilitated the simultaneous detection of single nucleotide variants (SNV), copy number variations, and structural rearrangements, such as gene fusions, leading to greater diagnostic yield of actionable findings in tumor samples.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Cancer Profiling Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79924
Breast Cancer Segment to Dominate Global Cancer Profiling Market
- Based on cancer type, the global cancer profiling market can be segmented into: breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, melanoma, and others
- The most commonly diagnosed cancers are prostate in males and breast in females, while lung cancer remains the most common cause of cancer death in both sexes. The breast cancer segment accounted for a major share of the global cancer profiling market, in terms of revenue, in 2019, followed by lung cancer. Rising prevalence of breast cancer across the globe is the major factor fueling the market. According to WHO, in 2018, 627,000 women were estimated to have died from breast cancer, i.e., approximately 15% of all cancer deaths among women.
- On the other hand, the lung cancer segment is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period majorly due to an increase in incidence and need for early diagnosis
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=79924
Protein Biomarker Witness Highest Growth
- Based on biomarker type, the global cancer profiling market can be divided into: genetic biomarkers, protein biomarkers, and others
- Biomarkers are molecules that indicate normal or abnormal process taking place in the body and may be a sign of an underlying condition or disease. The genetic biomarkers segment held a significant share of the global cancer profiling market in 2019. Tumor-specific genetic changes, such as promoter methylation, gene mutations, or circulating small RNAs, are easily detected by genetic biomarkers.
- However, protein biomarkers hold a strong opportunity to be converted into clinical diagnostic tests. Protein-based immunoassay is a quite rapid and efficient process. Novel proteomic biomarker discovery technologies are being developed using quantitative isotopic labeling, improved mass spectroscopy algorithms, and addressing the problems of sample preparation.
Pre Book Cancer Profiling Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=79924<ype=S
Research Application is estimated to dominate the Global Cancer Profiling Market
- Based on application, the global cancer profiling market can be divided into research application and clinical application
- In terms of revenue, the research application segment accounted for a major share of the market in 2019. Various novel molecular characterization strategies beyond tumor DNA sequencing, such as transcriptomics, immunophenotyping, epigenetic profiling, and single-cell analyses are presently being utilized in cancer or tumor profiling process. Extensive research in technological developments has made a molecular profiling analysis possible, which enables doctors to distinguish molecular differences between cancer cells and healthy cells. Additionally, rise in funding for cancer research is further propelling the market.
Read more information here:
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global cancer profiling market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Qiagen N.V.
- Neogenomics Laboratories Inc.
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.
- Genomic Health Inc.
- Caris Life Sciences
- Helomics Corporation
- Oxford Gene Technology
- Ribomed Biotechnologies, Inc.
- Guardant Health
- Foundation Medicine
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453