Zika Virus Testing Market to Reach USD 328.3 Million in 2028, Says Reports and Data
Government initiatives and investments by key players to develop advanced tests and kits for detecting Zika virus are key factors fueling global market growth
The global Zika virus testing market size is expected to reach USD 328.3 million in 2028 and register a CAGR of 7.9% according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Rising prevalence of Zika virus infection and growing risks of birth defects and miscarriages in infected pregnant women are key factors boosting global market revenue growth.
Zika virus is a member of Flaviviridae family, transmitted by Aedes mosquitoes that are active during the daytime. Headache, rashes, muscle pain, fever, and conjunctivitis are some common symptoms caused by Zika virus infection. In extreme cases, it can also lead to severe nervous system complications. It can also transmit from one individual to another through sexual contact or from an infected pregnant woman to the fetus. Infected pregnant women have high risks of miscarriages, stillbirth, preterm birth, or fatal birth defects in infants such as microcephaly and other brain abnormalities. These complications have promoted Zika virus testing for pregnant women infected with the virus, thereby which is fueling global market revenue growth. In addition, growing public awareness and government initiatives to develop novel tests for detecting the virus are boosting global market growth. Molecular tests that are currently in use are only effective in the first 2 or 3 weeks of infection and the antibody tests are prone to cross-reactivity that may result in false-positive results. Thus, increasing need for more effective tests is projected to open new growth opportunities for key players operating in the global Zika virus testing market.
However, slow adoption of advanced testing kits in developing countries, high priced tests, and side effects caused by IgM tests are some key restraints that are expected to hamper growth of the global Zika virus testing market over the forecast period.
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4040
Some key highlights in the report:
- Among the test type segments, the molecular testing segment is projected to account for significant revenue growth over the forecast period. The most commonly used molecular test is RT-PCR for detecting presence of Zika virus in serum. These tests are inexpensive compared to serological tests and thus are in high demand.
- Among the end-use segments, research institutes segment is expected to account for considerably high revenue growth between 2021 and 2028. Increasing investments for developing advanced diagnostic tests and increasing collaborations of research institutes including NIH NIAID with government organizations and biotech companies are factors fueling market growth.
- North America is expected to dominate other regional markets in the global Zika virus testing market during the forecast period. Growing awareness about advantages of virus testing kits, rising prevalence of Zika virus infection, increasing initiatives by organizations, such as Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), to create awareness about the disease and preventive measures are key factors driving revenue growth in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register fastest revenue growth between 2021 and 2028 owing to increasing awareness about Zika virus and associated diseases and increasing funds for research and development activities.
- Abbott Laboratories, Altona Diagnostics GmbH, Chembio Diagnostic Systems Inc., ELITechGroup, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Genekam, Luminex Corporation, Novacyt Group, Quest Diagnostics, and Siemens AG are some key players operating in the global Zika virus testing market.
Buy now your Exclusive copy of Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/4040
For this study, Reports and Data has segmented the global Zika virus testing market based on Diagnostic Test Type, End-Use, and Region:
Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018-2028)
- Molecular Testing
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing (NAAT)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Serological Testing
- Enzyme-Linked Immune Sorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Plaque Reduction and Neutralization Test (PRNT)
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018-2028)
- Diagnostic Laboratory
- Hospital and Clinics
- Research Institutes
Request for Custom Research @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4040
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2028)
- North America
- Rest Of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Explore Reports and Data's Prime Analysis of the global Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry:
Virus Filtration Market Size, Share And Industry Analysis By Product Type (Consumables, Instruments, Services), By Application (Water Purification, Biologicals, Air Purification, Medical Devices), By End-user (Biopharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, Medical devices companies, CROs, Academic institutes & research laboratories) And Region, Segment Forecasts To 2027
Viral Molecular Diagnostics Market Share & Trends Analysis by Virus Type (Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), Hepatitis C Virus (HCV), Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Human Papillomavirus (HPV), Others), by Application (Infectious Diseases, Genetics, Blood Screening, Microbiology, Others), by End-User (Hospitals, Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Others), Region, Competitive Strategies and Segment Forecasts, 2016- 2026
Antiviral Drugs Market Analysis, By Type (Branded and Generic) By Application (HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes Simplex Virus, Influenza & Others) By Mechanism of Action (Nucleotide polymerase inhibitors, Reverse transcriptase inhibitors, Protease inhibitors & Others), Forecasts to 2028
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read Full Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-zika-virus-testing-market