Varicella Live Vaccine Market: Rise in number of immunization programs to drive the market
Varicella Live Vaccine Market: Introduction
- Varicella vaccine is also known as chicken-pox vaccine as it offers protection against chicken pox causing virus, the varicella-zoster virus. This vaccine is made from a live but weakened or attenuated virus. The viruses which are attenuated are usually less virulent and are incapable of causing a disease. However, the attenuated vaccine can stimulate response from the body’s immune system.
- Chicken pox is highly contagious and is usually spread by direct contact or through air by coughing and sneezing. The illness usually causes an itchy rash and leads to the formation of over 400 blisters all over the body. In addition, it causes headache, fussiness, and coughing in the patients.
- Since 2005, the vaccine is available as a combination vaccine, which offers protection against rubella, measles, mumps, and varicella. This combination vaccine is known as MMRV.
- Varicella vaccine is usually given in two doses, at the age of 12 to 18 months and at the age of 4 to 6 years
Request Brochure for Report –
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market
- According to CDC, over 3.5 million cases of chickenpox, 9,000 hospitalizations, and 100 deaths are prevented by chickenpox vaccination in the U.S. This contributes to the growth of the varicella live vaccine market. Strengthening of national programs by various countries due to improved support and coordination among local, national, regional, and international stakeholders, has succeeded in improving immunization coverage rates.
- Increase in government focus on offering immunization programs to reduce the disease burden aids in the growth of the varicella live vaccine market. According to the WHO's Health Spending Observatory, the global expenditure on routine immunization increased on average from US$ 21.4 to US$ 26.9 per infant in 2016.
- A number of manufacturers in collaboration with Gavi, the World Bank, WHO, and UNICEF are committed to support immunization programs and accelerate the introduction of new vaccines. Few companies in association with Gavi are also developing the EPIVAC program to train health care providers to implement and strengthen immunization campaigns in countries such as sub-Saharan African countries. This would contribute to the growth of the varicella live vaccine market.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Varicella Live Vaccine Market –
North America to Lead Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market
- In terms of region, the global varicella live vaccine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global varicella live vaccine market, owing to increase in awareness among people, well-established immunization programs, and well-established health care infrastructure
- Europe was the second largest market for varicella live vaccine in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for varicella live vaccine, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in number of immunization programs, increase in government focus on reducing the health care burden, increase in population, and growing health care infrastructure aid in the growth of the varicella live vaccine market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market
Leading players in the global varicella live vaccine market include:
- Bio-Med Pvt. Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Novo Medi Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Top of Form
Buy Varicella Live Vaccine Market Report –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453