RNAi Therapeutics Market: Growing Investments in RNAi Therapies
The RNAi therapeutics market was valued at US$ 618.79 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 1,209.29 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2020 to 2027.
RNAi refers to the interference RNA which is responsible to control and manipulate protein translation in the cell. These RNAi are used to silence particular genes that are responsible for diseases. At present, the awareness about RNAi is increasing due to its ability to offer target specific mechanism, leading to superior treatment outcomes. The approach is widely utilized for drug development. Increasing investments in RNAi therapy development coupled with growing prevalence of infectious diseases and chronic conditions are anticipated to drive the RNAi Therapeutics market growth during the forecast period. However, high cost involved in the development of RNAi therapies is likely to restraint the growth of the market during the forecast years.
Request for sample at: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00007157/
Key Findings from The RNAi therapeutics Market
- Based on molecule type, the RNAi therapeutics market is segmented into small interfering RNAs (siRNA) and microRNA (miRNA). The small interfering RNAs (siRNA) segment held a larger share of the market in 2019.
- Growth of this segment is attributed to the increasing preference for small interfering RNAs for drug development and growing number of research partnerships. Further, the MicroRNA (miRNA) segment is expected to register higher CAGR in the global RNAi therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the RNAi therapeutics market is segmented into oncology, cardiovascular, respiratory disorders, renal diseases, genetic disorders, neurodegenerative disorders, infectious diseases, and others.
- In 2019, the oncology segment accounted for the largest share ofthe global RNAi therapeutics market owing to increasing preference for RNAi therapies for the treatment of cancer. Moreover, growing number of research collaborations in the field of oncology are also projected to drive the segment growth by 2027. However, cardiovascular disorders segment is estimated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
- Based on end user, the RNAi therapeutics market is further segmented into research and academic laboratories, hospitals, and diagnostic laboratories. The research and academic laboratories segment held the largest share of the market in 2019 and is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Sanofi, Olix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Glaxosmithkline Plc.; Benitec Biopharma; Arbutus Biopharma Corporation; Silence Therapeutics; Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc; and Quark are among the leading companies operating in the RNAi therapeutics market.
Growing Investments in RNAi Therapies
Continuous R&D activities in RNAi therapeutics have revealed its benefits in tackling a range of chronic disorders such as genetic conditions, renal disorders, neurodegenerative conditions, and oncology. The effectiveness of the outcomes of RNAi therapies is generating investments in the development of new drugs. For instance, in September 2018, Curamir Therapeutics, Inc. received initial financial aid of US$ 10 million from Delos Capital to develop miRNA-based drugs for chemotherapy-resistant cancer. Also, in April 2019, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc. announced its strategic partnership with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals to discover and commercialize RNAi therapeutic platform for the treatment of diseases associated with eye, central nervous system, and liver. The companies have invested about US$ 1 billion in the collaboration. Furthermore, in January 2020, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Novo Nordisk collaborated to develop RNAi therapies for the treatment of liver diseases and cardiometabolic disorders. Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received an upfront payment of ~US$ 175 million from Novo Nordisk for the initiation of the project. Furthermore, according to the terms in partnership, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. will receive nearly US$ 25 million annually from Novo Nordisk for the first three years for the development of the product. Such investments help biotech and pharma companies not only launch new products but also increase the number of approved products. For instance, in August 2018, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received an approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Onpattro infusion therapy used for the treatment of peripheral nerve disease (polyneuropathy). The market players are gaining investments in the R&D of new drugs, therapies, and technologies. These increasing investments in RNAi therapeutics are driving the growth of the market.
Based on route of administration, the RNAi therapeutics market is segmented into pulmonary delivery, intravenous injections, intradermal injections, intraperitoneal injections, and others. In 2019, the pulmonary delivery segment accounted for the largest share of the global RNAi therapeutics market. However, intravenous injections segment is estimated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period. Significant number or product launches and higher adoption of intravenous injection are likely to have a positive impact on the segment growth.
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00007157/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi