Carestream Health, Inc. Showcases DRX-Revolution Mobile X-ray System, Announces New Features for Its DRX-Evolution DR Suite
Published: Aug 03, 2012
New capabilities for the DRX-Evolution focus on dose management and image quality enhancements:
• Image processing techniques optimized for pediatric views can suppress noise and enhance detail based on patient age and weight. Age/weight categories are consistent with current FDA guidelines on pediatric imaging.
• Linear tomography* aids in viewing anatomy obscured by overlying organs and tissues.
• Asymmetric collimation helps limit patient exposure during an exam, and vendor-neutral IEC exposure index values allow technologists to see if they are within an acceptable exposure range.
• Pneumothorax Visualization Software creates a companion image (from the original exposure) that accentuates the appearance of free air in the chest cavity to aid in visualization of a collapsed lung.
• Chest imaging software outlines areas in the image to alert a technologist if a retake might be needed due to incorrect positioning.
The DRX family of imaging systems includes: DRX-Revolution Mobile X-ray System, CARESTREAM DRX-1 System, CARESTREAM DRX-Mobile Retrofit Kit, CARESTREAM DRX-Evolution, CARESTREAM DRX-Transportable System; and CARESTREAM DRX-Ascend System.
The exceptional flexibility and image quality offered by the DRX family of digital X-ray systems makes these solutions an ideal fit for general radiography exams including orthopedic, trauma and pediatric as well as other specialty care environments.
For more information on Carestream’s medical imaging and healthcare IT solutions please visit www.carestream.com.
*Not commercially available in the U.S.
About Carestream Health
Carestream Health is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and healthcare IT solutions; molecular imaging systems for life science research and drug discovery/development; X-ray film and digital X-ray systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets.
For more information about the company’s broad portfolio of products, solutions and services, please contact your Carestream Health representative or visit www.carestream.com.
CARESTREAM is a trademark of Carestream Health.