Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market: Powder Segment to Hold a Significant Share of the market
Global Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market: Overview
- Oral rehydration salt (ORS) is a glucose-based salt solution used for oral rehydration therapy, which is recommended by the United Nations Children's Fund and the World Health Organization (WHO) for use in the treatment or prevention of dehydration caused by diarrhea
- Oral rehydration salt (ORS) solution contains 75 mmol/l of glucose and 75 mEq/l of sodium with osmolarity of 245 mOsm/l
- Vomiting, high blood potassium, and high blood sodium are side-effects of the oral rehydration salt (ORS) therapy
Read Report Overview - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/oral-rehydration-salt-market.html
Key Drivers of Global Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market
- In the near future, the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market is expected to be driven by increase in the prevalence of diarrhea, rise in the demand for the oral rehydration salt (ORS) therapy in developing countries such as India, and growth in awareness about the hydration therapy
- According to the WHO, diarrhea affects nearly 525,000 children every year and it is the second-largest cause of death among children aged 5 years or below. The organization also states that approximately 1.7 billion cases of childhood diarrhea are detected every year.
- As per the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors Study (GBD) – 2016, diarrhea was the eighth-largest cause of death among people of all ages
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=76327
Powder Segment to Hold a Significant Share of Global Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market
- Based on product, the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market can be classified into tablets, powder, capsules, and others
- The powder segment is anticipated to gain a significant share of the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market during the forecast period, due to increase in the number of patients or consumers preferring powder and rise in the adoption of promotional campaigns to increase use of oral rehydration solutions, especially among children. The ORS powder comes in various flavors, such as orange, which drives its use among children.
Pediatric Segment to Witness Significant Growth in Global Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market
- Based on age group, the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market can be classified into adult and pediatric. The pediatric segment accounts for a leading market share, owing to increase in the demand for oral rehydration salt (ORS) for use in the treatment of diarrhea and rise in the prevalence of malnutrition among children worldwide.
- According to the BMC Public Health, the burden of malnutrition doubled in South Africa from August 2017 to December 2017, leading to negative health outcomes among children
- As per the data by UNICEF, 13% of children in South Africa aged five years or below are overweight, while 27% face stunted growth
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76327
Diarrhea Segment to Witness Significant Growth in Global Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market
- Based on indication, the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market can be classified into diarrhea and others
- The diarrhea segment is anticipated to gain significant share of the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market during the forecast period. Increase in the number of government agencies framing policies and guidelines for the prevention and treatment of diarrhea and rise in the use of hydration solutions among adults and children are factors likely to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, rise in availability of the oral rehydration salt (ORS) therapy, especially in rural and remote areas across the globe, and need to expand coverage of this therapy in Middle East & North Africa (MENA) and sub-Saharan Africa are other factors likely to boost the diarrhea segment in the next few years
Asia Pacific Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market to Witness Growth Opportunities
- Asia Pacific is projected to gain significant share of the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market during the forecast period
- Rise in the focus on malnutrition among children, increase in the number of non-government organizations working for child health, and high investments in children healthcare programs in countries such as India are factors expected to drive the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market during the forecast period
- As per the UNICEF, rates of prevalence of malnutrition remain exponentially high, with 50% of all deaths in children aged 5 years or below attributable to undernutrition. According to estimates made by the UNICEF/WHO/World Bank Joint Child Malnutrition, in March 2019, 149.0 million children had stunted growth, while nearly 49.0 million children were wasted.
Pre Book Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=76327<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) Market
Major players operating in the global oral rehydration salt (ORS) market are:
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd
- Monico SPA
- Gebro Pharma AG
- Primmed B.V.
- KBI Pharmaceuticals GmbH & Co. KG
- Clinova Ltd
- FDC Limited
- Watson Pharma
- Sanofi S.A.
Browse more Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Host Cell Contaminant Testing Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/host-cell-contaminant-testing-market.html
Rare Endocrine Disease Treatment Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/rare-endocrine-disease-treatment-market.html
Neglected Tropical Diseases Drugs and Vaccines Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/neglected-tropical-diseases-drugs-and-vaccines-market.html
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453