MilliporeSigma’s CRISPRi Whole-Genome Libraries and Pools Pave the Way for Breakthroughs in Identifying Gene Pathways
MilliporeSigma, a leading provider of functional genomics screening and genome- editing tools, has launched its CRISPR inhibition (CRISPRi) whole-genome libraries and pools to complement its industry-leading suite of genome-editing products and technologies. CRISPRi is a useful tool for screening an entire genome, smaller gene family or individual targets. The CRISPRi libraries are fully customizable, providing the same flexibility as the entire family of MilliporeSigma screening products.
Instead of imprecise DNA repair to knock out a gene, CRISPRi modulates gene expression, allowing for robust loss-of-function studies, even in essential genes, with fewer off-target effects. CRISPRi provides unique insights into the underlying biology often missed when using only gene knock out or overexpression studies. Using CRISPRi as a discovery tool, researchers can make scientific breakthroughs in identifying new disease pathways or drug targets.
The whole CRISPRi libraries and pools were created by the University of California, San Francisco, and further enhanced by MilliporeSigma, resulting in superior algorithm design and improved scaffolding that has been proven to increase gene knock down, even in difficult-to-repress targets. The CRISPRi offerings feature:
· Pooled libraries containing the top five guide RNAs (gRNA) and a subpool of five additional gRNAs per gene for a total of 10 gRNAs targeting every gene; this offers increased sensitivity as most other competing technologies only offer three to five gRNAs.
· Defined subpanels targeting gene groups including, the druggable genome, cancer and apoptosis, membrane proteins, stress and proteostasis genes, and others.
· A KRAB-dCas9 helper construct containing a propriety expression-stabilizing UCOE element.
· CRISPRi vectors engineered to include blue fluorescent protein and puromycin selection markers for easier downstream analysis.
· 10x Genomics-compatibility for downstream single cell analysis.
MilliporeSigma’s comprehensive gene modulation offering also includes CRISPR activation (CRISPRa) whole-genome libraries and pools, often used in conjunction with CRISPRi.
The company provides a full suite of screening tools for genome-editing applications including CRISPR knock out, RNAi knock down and open reading frame gain-of-function studies. Genome-editing and gene modulation technologies complement each other and used together, they can fully elucidate gene pathways and identify drug targets.
With 17 years of experience in the genome-editing field, MilliporeSigma is a global leader in developing innovative CRISPR tools, products and services to support every step of genome engineering-facilitated research, from basic research to therapeutic delivery.
Learn more about MilliporeSigma’s new CRISPRi whole-genome libraries and pools.