Mammography Systems Market: To Witness Increased New Opportunities To Surged Demand
The mammography systems market was valued at US$ 2,172.8 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 3,790.5 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4%from 2020 to 2027.
Mammography systems are specific type of X-ray imaging systems. The systems are used for the early detection and analysis of breast cancer through imaging techniques. Further, mammography can help avoid unnecessary biopsies and additional tests. In addition, the systems also provide clear images of abnormalities in breast. The mammography systems market growth is mainly attributed to the growing breast cancer prevalence, and increasing public–private investments, grants, and funds. Moreover, increasing number of breast cancer screening programs is further expected to foster the market growth during the forecast period. However, the concerns associated with mammography such as false results and discomfort limit the growth of the market.
The COVID-19 pandemic is perplexing healthcare institutions in North America with unprecedented operational and clinical challenges. Mammography departments in healthcare facilities are encountering changes in routines and workflows to comply with new sanitary standards and diagnostic methods such as tele-mammography consultations. Moreover, shift in priorities from breast imaging to COVID-19 diagnosis are leading to decline in mammography tests being performed, resulting in hindered market growth to certain extent.
Request for sample Report at: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00007753/
Key Findings from The Mammography Systems Market
- Based on product, the mammography systems market is segmented into full field digital mammography systems, breast tomosynthesis systems, and analog systems. The full field digital mammography systems segment held the largest share of the market in 2019. However, the breast tomosynthesis systems segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period. In the full-field digital mammography (FFDM) system, X-ray film is replaced by solid-state detectors that convert X-rays into electrical signals. In this, radiation doses are 30–40% lower than analog systems, and the systems also helps in analyzing denser breasts.
- Based on technology, the mammography systems market is segmented into screen film, 2D mammography, 3D mammography, and others. The 2D mammography technology segment held the largest share of the market in 2019. However, the 3D mammography segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
- In 2D mammography, two X-ray image views are captured; one is a top or front view while the other is a side view. Increasing number of product launches and product promotions through exhibitions is one of the significant factors fueling the growth of the market for mammography systems based on 2D mammography technology.
- Based on end user, the mammography systems market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The other end users segment held the largest share of the market in 2019
- Carestream Health Inc.; General Electric Company; Hologic, Inc.; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; PLANMED OY; Fujifilm Corporation; IMS Giotto S.P.A.; Canon Medical Systems; Siemens Healthineers AG; and Metaltronica S.p.A are among the leading companies operating in the global mammography systems market.
Growing Breast Cancer Prevalence Drives Mammography Systems Market Growth
The prevalence of breast cancer is growing worldwide and has resulted in increased demand for mammography systems for diagnosis. A few of the common symptoms of breast cancer are appearance of inverted nipples, changes in breast shape, development of lumps in breast, and red or scaly patch of skin, or sore nipples.
As per the Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2019–2020 report by the American Cancer Society, ~268,600 invasive breast cancer cases and 41,760 breast cancer deaths in the US were reported among women in 2019. Similarly, in Canada, ~27,400 women breast cancer cases and 5,100 deaths due to the same have been estimated by the Canadian Cancer Society for 2020. According to a Breast Cancer Facts report by the EUROPA DONNA, breast cancer is the most common cancer type in Europe, and it estimated the incidence of 562,500 breast cancer cases 2018 in the WHO Europe region. It also reported that ~20% of breast cancer cases in Europe occur in women with less than 50 years of age; ~36% occur at age 50–64, while the remaining cases occur in women above 64 years of age. Moreover, as per the Globocan report, in 2018, there were 911,014 breast cancer cases and 310,577 deaths due to breast cancer, of which 367,900 and 162,468 breast cancer cases were reported in China and India, respectively.
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00007753/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi