Constipation Treatment Market: Rising Prevalence of Chronic Constipation
The constipation treatment market is expected to reach US$ 13,386.19 million in 2027 from US$ 8,533.89 million in 2019. The market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 5.9% from 2020-2027.
Constipation is a chronic disorder that results in indifferent bowel movements and usually leads to hardened feces that persists for several weeks or even longer. This usually occurs when the colon has absorbed excessive water from the food that's is in the colon.
The report offers insights and in-depth analysis of the constipation treatment market, emphasizing on various parameters such as market trends, technological advancements, market dynamics, and competitive landscape analysis of leading global market players. The market has been segmented on the basis of therapeutic, disease, distribution channel, and region. Based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and South and Central America.
Request a Sample of Report - https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00005408/
Key finding from the Durable Medical Equipment Market
- Based on therapeutic, the constipation treatment market is segmented into laxatives, chloride channel activators, peripherally acting mu-opioid receptor antagonists, GC-C agonists, and 5-HT4 receptor agonists. The laxatives segment held the largest share of the market in 2019. However, GC-C agonists segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
- Based on disease, the constipation treatment market is segmented into chronic idiopathic constipation, irritable bowel syndrome with constipation, and opioid-induced constipation. The chronic idiopathic constipation segment held the largest share of the market in 2019, and is estimated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
- Based on distribution channel, the constipation treatment market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment held the largest share of the market in 2019, and is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 6.4% in the market during the forecast period.
- AbbVie's Inc.; Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited; Bausch Health Companies Inc.; Bayer AG; Mallinckrodt Plc; Abbott; Cosmo Pharma; Sanofi; Albireo Pharma, Inc, and AstraZeneca are among the leading companies operating in the constipation treatment market.
- These companies adopt various organic and inorganic growth strategies to expand their global footprints and product portfolios, to meet the rising demand for the constipation treatments and related services. For instance, in July 2020, AbbVie Inc. has a product, MD-7246 a drug to treat constipation associated with irritable bowel syndrome in phase II clinical trial. The drug is formulated to treat constipation in adults, which is expected to serve people and help them in improving their bowel conditions.
Rising Prevalence of Chronic Constipation
Constipation is a commonly seen health condition among all age groups across the world. According to the article ‘Chronic Constipation’ published in May 2018, worldwide, the prevalence of constipation is estimated to be 16%. It is estimated to be varying between 0.7% to 79%. Also, the prevalence of constipation is higher among people age 60 years and above. The attributed prevalence of constipation to this age group is 33.5%.
Several factors are associated with the rising prevalence among older people, which include lack of normal bowel movements due to progressive age, improper diet and fluid intake, and inadequate physical activity. Whereas, among adults, the common cause of constipation is stress, lack of exercise, endocrine disorders, colon diseases, neurological dysfunction, and other causes such as environmental and pharmaceutical conditions.
The prevalence of constipation across the world varies substantially due to the different ethnic groups and perceptions. For instance, according to the article ‘What is the worldwide prevalence of constipation?’ published in March 2020, in North America, ~63 million people are affected by chronic constipation. Likewise, ~12% of people across the world live with self-defined constipation. The data also stated that people in the Americas and the Asia Pacific the prevalence is twice the European region. Constipation causes psychological morbidity and results in low quality of life. Thus, it essential to diagnose, manage, and treat constipation is very important. Therefore, the rising prevalence of constipation is expected to drive the demand for medicines treating constipation, further lead to the growth of the market.
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00005408/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi