Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market: Rapid rise in the global diabetic population is anticipated to boost the market
Cone-rod Dystrophy: Introduction
- Cone-rod dystrophy is a heterogeneous group of inherited retinal diseases characterized by cone photoreceptor degeneration, which could be followed by subsequent rod photoreceptor loss. These disorders typically present with progressive loss of central vision, color vision disturbance, and photophobia.
- Cone photoreceptor cells are present throughout the retina, but are concentrated in the central region (the macula). These are useful for central (reading) vision. Rod photoreceptor cells are present throughout the retina, except for the very center, and help with night vision.
- During the initial stages of the onset of disease, which typically occurs from childhood itself, a patient experiences difficulty with vision clarity, problems with color vision, and light sensitivity. As the disease progresses, blind spots in the field of vision can occur. These symptoms occur due to the progressive deterioration of cone photoreceptor cells. This is followed by a progressive loss of rod photoreceptor cells, which leads to a loss of side vision and night blindness.
- Cone-rod dystrophy is a genetically inherited disorder. Multiple genes can cause cone-rod dystrophies. Genes linked with this condition include ABCA4, CRX, GUCY2D, and RPGR.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=76981
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market
- Cone-rod dystrophy is a progressive disease. Diabetes is one of the major risk factors for cone-rod dystrophy. Rapid rise in the global diabetic population is anticipated to boost the growth of the global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market. High blood glucose can lead to diabetic retinopathy, in which the retinal blood vessels are damaged. This can accelerate the disease progression.
- Progression of eye disorders is faster in a diabetic person than in a non-diabetic. Lifestyle changes have led to an increase in the diabetes population, which in turn has driven the incidence of cone-rod dystrophy.
- Gene replacement therapy involves replacing a mutated gene, which causes the disease, with a healthy gene. It is a technique used to treat or prevent a particular disease caused by genetic mutation. In eye disorders such as cone-rod dystrophy and glaucoma, gene replacement therapy is used to improve visual capability in inherited retina disease. Gene replacement therapy and gene knockdown are presently being explored in inherited eye disorders by reversing the mutation.
- However, lack of disease awareness leading to slow or late diagnosis of patients in developing and under-developed countries is anticipated to hamper market growth during the forecast period
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market –
Surgery to Lead Global Market
- The global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, application, end-user, and region
- In terms of treatment type, the global market can be classified into gene therapy, stem cell therapy, surgery for retinal implants, and supportive therapies such as beta-carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin supplements, tinted lenses/ dark sunglasses, etc.
- Based on end-user, the global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market can be categorized into hospitals, ophthalmic centers, and research organizations & academic institutes
Pre book Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=76981<ype=S
Asia Pacific to be Lucrative Market for Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment
- The global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rapid economic development in India, China, Brazil, South Africa, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has increased the disposable income of people, thereby enhancing their purchasing power of health care services. Moreover, development of health care infrastructure and increase in medical expenditure by governments of these countries would contribute to the growth of the cone-rod dystrophy treatment market in the region.
Top of Form
Ask for Discount :
Key Players Operating in Global Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market
Leading players in the global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market include:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Abbott Laboratories
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453