Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market: Clotrimazole Segment to Dominate Global Market
Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment: Introduction
- Candidiasis is an infection caused by a yeast called candida. Symptoms of vaginal candidiasis include:
- Vaginal itching or soreness
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain or discomfort when urinating
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Vaginal yeast infection is a common fungal infection and is called candidal vaginitis or candidal vulvovaginitis (CVV). A healthy vagina normally has numerous bacteria and yeast cells. A common bacteria, named lactobacillus acidophilus, found in the vagina prevents the yeast cells from growing abnormally; however, sometimes due to certain factors, such as prolonged usage of antibiotics, compromised immunity, or lack of hygiene, can develop candida and cause yeast infection. Symptoms of vaginal yeast infection include itching, burning sensation or pain during urination or sexual intercourse, swelling, rashes, and redness. Earlier, yeast infections were not common and systemic or serious yeast infection were rare; however, revalence of yeast infections is rising rapidly due to the advent of broad-spectrum antibiotics and their widespread usage.
Request Brochure for Report -
Key Drivers of Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market
- The global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period owing to various factors. Rapid increase and unrestrained usage of antibiotics leading to high prevalence of yeast infection is expected to augment the demand for yeast infection treatment drugs globally.
- Increase in the global burden of various ailments such as cardiovascular, neurological, and gastrointestinal diseases as well as cancer has boosted the consumption of broad-spectrum antibiotics, thereby propelling the number of yeast infection cases
- Rapid increase in the global disease burden, coupled with escalating demand for better treatment options and increasing number of hospital-acquired infections, is also propelling the demand for acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment. Other factors driving the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market are development of novel anti-fungal drugs, increase in healthcare expenditure, and development in healthcare infrastructure.
Clotrimazole Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of drug type, the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market can be bifurcated into clotrimazole, nystatin, fluconazole, ketoconazole, terbinafine, terconazole, and others
- The clotrimazole segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to high efficiency and usage of clotrimazole drug for the treatment of acute vulvovaginal candidiasis
Oral Segment to Lead Global Market
- Based on route of administration, the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market can be classified into oral, intravenous, and topical. The oral segment is likely to dominate the global market during the forecast period, as most of the acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment drugs are taken orally.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Product Market:
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, the U.S. holds a major share of the acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market in North America
- The market in Europe is expanding rapidly, due to increase in the patient population, especially in the U.K. and Germany. Moreover, the market in Asia Pacific and Latin America is projected to expand significantly in the near future.
- Developing economies such as China and Japan are projected to contribute to the expansion of the market in Asia Pacific due to better healthcare infrastructure, economic growth, increase in the number of insurance payers, expansion of the private healthcare sector, and increase in education and awareness.
Key Players Operating in Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market
The global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market are:
- Mycovia Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Scynexis, Inc.
- Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A.
- Pacgen Life Science Corporation
- NovaDigm Therapeutics, Inc.
- Cidara Therapeutics, Inc.
- Amplyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
Buy Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market Report -
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453