Mycoplasma Testing Market Geographical Outlook, Recent Developments and Industry Outlook till 2027
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Mycoplasma Testing market was valued at USD 609.39 Million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 1.59 Billion by year 2027, at a CAGR of 12.6%. Mycoplasma is the smallest discovered species of bacteria, mostly developed through the de-generative evolution from Gram-positive bacteria. Mycoplasma bacterial cell lacks a cell wall and can either be parasitic or saprotrophic. Though, there are around 200 different types of mycoplasma bacteria, most of them are harmless. Only 5 out of 200 cause severe infections in humans, which include Mycoplasma pneumonia, Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, and Ureaplasma parvum. Different species of mycoplasma cause different diseases in the human body.
Additionally, due to the lack of cell wall, the mycoplasma bacterial cells are immune to a several common antibiotics. Furthermore, mycoplasma testing plays an essential role in cell culture and must be done at every step of product development, including cell banks, viral seed stocks, and final products. The mycoplasma testing market is majorly driven by significant research and development activities in academia as well as the bio-pharmaceutical industry, increasing incidences of mycoplasma infections, and cell culture contamination. Mycoplasma can quickly spread through droplets during cell culture and are difficult to detect under a microscope; hence, they need specific tests to be performed for the same.
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2129
Growing expenditure in the healthcare sector by key market players to enhance customer satisfaction and achieve technological advancements is expected to propel the global market for mycoplasma testing. Mycoplasma testing market is also driven by the increased adoption of mycoplasma testing in the microbiology sector, rising occurrences of mycoplasma infections, growing number of water pollution-related infections, favorable investment scenario for the healthcare industry through public and private sector, and increasing awareness about mycoplasma bacterial infections. However, lack of awareness of mycoplasma infection among patients & clinicians, and challenges related to its detection are expected to hinder the market growth.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Mycoplasma testing market is growing at a CAGR of 13.0% in Asia Pacific, followed by North America and Europe, with 12.8 % and 12.5% CAGR respectively. Increasing government support, coupled with high investments in R&D, is a major factor driving the market growth.
- As of 2019, Kits & Reagents segment is the dominating Mycoplasma testing, which holds 47.5% of the global market. The Asia Pacific regional market is the chief revenue generating source for this product segment, followed by the North American and European regions.
- Mycoplasma infection is one of the major cause of human infectious diseases, therefore the sample requires to be tested at every step of processing.
- The absence of a cell wall allows the mycoplasma bacteria to enter the white blood corpuscles (WBCs), which makes it almost impossible to kill these bacteria once they hide in the immune system.
- As mycoplasma infection can become chronic, it reduces the efficiency and strength of the immune system, making it weak over time and highly increasing the risk of infections caused by other microorganisms.
- Mycoplasma contamination is the most common but serious problem faced while culturing cells, thus proper mycoplasma testing should be carried out before production of the final product. For instance, the MycoProbe Mycoplasma Detection Kit can be used for high-throughput and routine screening of cell culture for detection of mycoplasma contamination.
The ongoing pandemic is significantly changing the dynamics of the pharma and healthcare sector. Various countries are facing challenges such as shortage of medicines, vaccines, healthcare devices in hospitals. This is expected to open lucrative growth opportunities for market players in the coming years.
The global market comprises various market players operating at regional and global levels. These key players are adopting various strategies such as R&D investments, license agreements, partnerships, merger and acquisitions, collaborations, and joint ventures to gain robust footing in the market.
Top Companies Profiled in the Report:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), Lonza Group Ltd. (Switzerland), Merck KGaA (Germany), Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland), American Type Culture Collection (U.S.), Bionique Testing Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), InvivoGen (U.S.), PromoCell GmbH (Germany), Norgen Biotek Corp. (Canada), GenBio (Canada), Meridian Bioscience, Inc. (U.S.), and Savyon Diagnostics (Israel).
To know more about the report, visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/mycoplasma-testing-market
Mycoplasma Testing Market Segmentation:
Product Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Kits & Reagents
- PCR Assay
- Nucleic Acid Detection
- Elimination Kits & Reagent
- Standards & Controls
Technology Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Direct Assay
- Indirect Assay
- DNA Staining
- Microbial Culture Techniques
- Enzymatic Methods
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Rest of LATAM)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Ask for Customize Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2129
This study aims to define market sizes and forecast the values for different segments and countries in the coming eight years. The study aims to include qualitative and quantitative perspectives about the industry within the regions and countries covered in the report. The report also outlines the significant factors, such as driving factors and challenges, that will determine the market’s future growth.
Explore Latest Trending Research Reports By Reports and Data:
ICU Beds Market Analysis, By Technology (Electric, Mechanical), By Control Panel (Remote, Touch), By Materials Used (Stainless Steel, Copper, ABS), By Components (Seven Functions, Sensors), By ICU Type (CCU, MICU), By End-Use Verticals, Forecasts To 2028 Download PDF Brochure
Hospital Equipment and Supplies Market Size, Share, Demand By Product, By Expenditure Type (Public Hospitals, Private Hospitals), And By Distribution Channel (Pharmacies, Retail Medical Stores, Online Retailers), Forecasts To 2028 Download PDF Brochure
Genomics Market Size, Share, Trends, By Product and Service (Consumables, System and Software, Services), By Technology (Sequencing, Polymerase Chain Reaction [PCR]), By Application (Drug Development, Diagnostics), and By Region Forecast to 2030 Download PDF Brochure
Biosurveillance Market Size, Share And Industry Analysis By Type (Syndromic Surveillance, Alternative Surveillance Systems, Laboratory Surveillance, Environmental Surveillance), By Technology and Equipment (Biocontainment technology and equipment, Detection technology and equipment, Protection technology and equipment), By Application (Human and animal populations, Water, Food, Agriculture, Environment), By End-Use (Human and animal populations, Water, Food, Agriculture, Environment), By End-User (Government administrative bodies, Research organizations, Healthcare organization and laboratory, Government contractors, Academic centers and think tanks) And Region, Segment Forecasts To 2027 Download PDF Brochure
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.