Zika Virus Vaccine Market: Preventive Segment to Witness Significant Growth
Zika Virus Disease: Introduction
- Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted primarily by Aedes mosquitoes, which bite during the day. It is also transmitted through sexual contact with an infected person or through an infected pregnant woman to the fetus.
- Symptoms include fever, conjunctivitis, rash, muscle & joint pain, and headache. Symptoms typically last for two to seven days. Most people with Zika virus infection do not develop symptoms.
- Zika virus infection during pregnancy can cause infants to be born with microcephaly and other congenital malformations known as congenital Zika syndrome. Zika virus infection in pregnant women also causes preterm birth and miscarriage.
- Currently, there is no approved-vaccine for treatment for Zika virus. However, major pharmaceutical companies are engaged in the design and development of new vaccines for Zika virus infection. The vaccines will be therapeutic or preventive.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79408
Key Drivers of Global Zika Virus Vaccine Market
- Increase in incidence of Zika virus disease in countries such as Brazil, Columbia, and Venezuela is projected to boost the growth of the global Zika virus vaccine market. According to the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Brazil reported 19,020 cases of ZIKV disease in 2018. Of these, 1,379 were laboratory confirmed.
- Rise in investment in research & development by major pharmaceutical companies for developing new vaccines is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global market. Additionally, rise in awareness programs and collaboration study for vaccine development with the World Health Organization drives the market. For instance, in 2018–2019, the WHO in collaboration with a working group of independent subject matter experts developed Preferred Product Characteristics (PPC) for a Zika virus vaccine for endemic use.
- Strong product pipeline for Zika virus disease is expected to boost the growth of the global market during the forecast period. Candidates comprise DNA vaccines such as the National Institutes of Health's Zika Virus Vaccine, Inovio's INO-A002, and GeneOne's GLS-5700; Themis Bioscience's recombinant viral vector vaccine; Moderna's mRNA vaccine; Emergent BioSolutions' ZIKV-IG; and Takeda's TAK-426 vaccine.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Zika Virus Vaccine Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=79408
Preventive Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of application, the global Zika virus vaccine market can be bifurcated into therapeutic and preventive
- The preventive segment accounted for the largest share of the global Zika virus vaccine market in 2019. Increase in usage of Zika virus vaccine for prevention is likely to propel the segment during the forecast period.
Hospitals to be Most Promising Segment
- Based on end-user, the global Zika virus vaccine market can be classified into hospitals, clinics, research centers, and others
- The hospitals segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in terms of revenue in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Increase in patients with Zika virus disease will require hospital visit. Moreover, early availability of new products in hospitals is anticipated to fuel the growth of the segment.
Pre Book Zika Virus Vaccine Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=79408<ype=S
Latin America to Dominate Global Zika Virus Vaccine Market
- In terms of region, the global Zika virus vaccine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Latin America dominated the global Zika virus vaccine market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to increase in people with Zika virus disease in countries such as Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru, and presence of major players. According to PAHO, countries in Latin America such as Bolivia (1,736), Peru (984), and Colombia (857) reported Zika virus cases in 2018.
- The Zika virus vaccine market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in patients with Zika virus disease.
Read more information here:
Key Players Operating in Global Zika Virus Vaccine Market
The global Zika virus vaccine market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- GeneOne Life Science, Inc.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Immunovaccine, Inc.
- Emergent BioSolutions, Inc.
- Moderna, Inc.
- Themis Bioscience GmbH
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453