Rising Adoption of the Prosthesis to Rehabilitate Amputees Bolstering Prosthetic Liners Market Growth: Fact.MR
Emergence of new liner materials such as polyurethane and thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) pushing the sales of the prosthetic liners market
Fact.MR, Dubai: As per a study by Fact.MR, the global prosthetic liners market likely to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period 2021-2031. The increasing number of road accidents and trauma cases, and subsequent government initiatives undertaken to rehabilitate amputees are driving the growth of the prosthetic liners market.
According to an article by National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in Canada, the main cause of lower leg amputations was diabetes in 2019, where a significant role of the prosthetic market is observed. The rising prevalence of diabetes is expected to surge the sales of prosthetic liners.
Every year, nearly 1.35 million lives of people are cut short because of road traffic crashes across the globe. While 20 to 50 million people suffer from non-fatal injuries with numerous people incurring a disability, according to World Health Organization. As patients with severe orthopedic injuries might require prosthesis devices, the increasing incidence of these injuries will create lucrative growth opportunities for prosthetic liners.
Despite the growth in last few years, the COVID-19 outbreak has restrained the prosthetic liners market growth. The decrease in number of road accidents and injuries owing to lockdown has resulted in a decline in sales of prosthetic liners. Nonetheless, the market is projected to show positive growth during the forecast period 2021-2031.
“Strategic collaborations and increasing investment towards R&D for introducing new products such Silicone Quatro Compression Socket, have emerged as key strategies adopted among market players to expand the market share,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
- The presence of leading market players coupled with the increasing number of road crashes have made the U.S. a leading country in the prosthetic liners market.
- The U.K. is expected to project rapid growth owing to the high acceptance of premium-priced innovative prosthetic devices.
- Asia Pacific is demonstrating significant growth on the back of increasing government initiatives for amputee rehabilitation and health care infrastructure.
- Based on application, the upper extremity accounts for the largest market share and is expected to surpass 55.0% of sales in the assessment period.
- Owing to comfort, durability, and easy to clean characteristics, the silicone prosthetic liners are estimated to lead the material segment.
- Increasing number of road accidents and other orthopedic injuries will fuel the demand for prosthetic liners.
- Introduction of new liner materials will boost the sales of prosthetic liners.
- Rising government initiatives and reimbursement policies introduced in relation to prosthetic liners are expected to propel market growth.
- Dilapidated population can be prone to various lifestyle-related disorders will escalate the demand for prosthetic liners.
- Low durability of prosthetic liners is affecting the market growth negatively.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in declining sales of prosthetic liners.
Explore tables and figures of the study. Request ToC of the report at
Key players operating in the prosthetic liners market profiled by Fact.MR include Willow Wood, Ottobock, Fillauer Europe AB, ALPS, Freedom Innovations, Streifeneder USA, Ossur, Ortho, Silipos Holding, ST&G Corporation, Blatchford, Medi, Engineered Silicone Products, and College Park Industries. Leading manufacturers operating in the prosthetic liners market are focusing on developing innovation product to increase their market share. For instance,
- Össur recently introduced its new soft silicone product named Iceross, comfort locking liner with the silken inner surface with ample cushioning for added comfort.
- In 2019, Quorum Prosthetics, the U.S. based company, introduced Quatro Compression Socket made of silicone suitable for different designs.
More Insights on the Prosthetic Liners Systems Market
Fact.MR offers unbiased analysis of the prosthetic liners market. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of product (arm disabled liners, leg disabled liners, dental prosthetics, and orthopaedic prosthetics), material (thermoplastic elastomer, silicone liner, and polyurethane liner), end-user (hospitals, prosthesis clinics, and other healthcare sectors), across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain
Orthopedic Repair Market- Over the projected period, the rising prevalence and recurrence of diverticular disease is likely to be a prominent driver driving the orthopedic repair market. The orthopedic repair market is projected to be driven by patient-specific surgeries and implants.
Orthopedic Implants Market- The orthopedic implants market is expected to witness emergence of several trends that will likely shape the demand and supply scenario of orthopedic implants across the globe. The analysts at Fact.MR have leveraged key orthopedic implants market indicators and studied the intricate aspects of the orthopedic implants market to provide in-depth insights
Breast Prosthesis Market- Rise in the prevalence rate of cancer worldwide is the major growth driver of global breast prosthesis market. Efficient treatment and body balance provided to the patient when the breast is removed or no longer balanced act as a global breast prosthesis market driver.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583