Monoclonal Antibody to Remain Widely Adopted Cancer Immunotherapy as Demand Grows at 9% CAGR Worldwide
Novel Approaches in Cancer Immunotherapy to Drive Demand at 10% CAGR Through 2031
The cancer immunotherapy market survey by Fact.MR uncovers hidden opportunities across various segments including therapy, cancer type, and end use. The report highlights critical trends influencing the sales of cancer immunotherapy through 2031. It also offers competition mapping and benchmarking to present a holistic insights into the market.
Fact.MR – A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider: As per Fact.MR, the global cancer immunotherapy market is projected to total US$ 119.4 Bn by 2021. In response to the increasing consumer preference for immunotherapy treatment owing to its high rate of success, the market is anticipated to exceed US$ 310 Bn by 2031, registering an impressive growth at a CAGR of 10% over the forecast period from 2021 to 2031.
Among the therapy verticals, monoclonal antibody-based cancer immunotherapy is anticipated to remain as the most preferred cancer treatment, owing to its ability to trigger an antitumor immune response. Driven by the increasing application of monoclonal antibody-based drugs in triggering cell-membrane destruction, flagging cancer cells, and others, the segment is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9% through 2031.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
A significant rise in cancer of lungs, breast, skin, prostate, and blood among other organs has been witnessed across the world over the past few years. According to a report by the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 19.3 million cases of cancer were reported, globally, causing nearly 10 million deaths in 2020. Breast and lungs cancer accounted for 2.26 million and 2.21 million cases of cancer, respectively.
Thus, increasing demand for effective cancer treatment and a paradigm shift from standard chemotherapies and to immunotherapies due to fewer side effects in the latter are expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market in the forthcoming years.
“Increasing research and development (R&D) activities to develop novel cancer therapeutics with minimal side effects and rising adoption of advance cancer treatments across hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers will pave the way for the cancer immunotherapy market growth through the assessment period,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Takeaways from Cancer Immunotherapy Market Study
- Government initiatives encouraging researches on novel cancer treatment and therapeutics, underpinning growth in the U.S.
- Germany is anticipated to account for a considerable share in the Europe market owing to the progressive improvements in healthcare infrastructure and favorable reimbursement policies.
- Driven by the increasing prevalence of cancer in China and India, the sales of cancer immunotherapy in Asia Pacific are expected to rise at a CAGR of 10% through 2031.
- Based on the cancer type, lung cancer is expected to remain at the most attractive segment, accounting for more than 50% of the cancer immunotherapy sales.
- In terms of end-user, the hospital segment is projected to dominate the market, accounting for over 61% of the global sales by the end of 2031.
- Monoclonal antibody is expected to remain top-choice as preferred immunotherapy. Demand is expected to rise at 9% CAGR through 2031.
- Rising prevalence of lungs cancer and the increasing R&D initiatives aimed at the development of anticancer drugs, specifically for the treatment of lungs cancer is propelling the demand for cancer immunotherapy across the lungs cancer segment.
- Launch of awareness campaigns aimed at educating common men about the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of cancer and government policies such as tax exemptions and market exclusivity for the market players across the U.S. are driving the cancer immunotherapy market in North America.
- High cost of cancer immunotherapy and the presence of alternative cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy, is hampering the growth of the market.
- Side effects associated with cancer immunotherapy such as edema, sinus congestion, shortness of breathing, weight gain, and headaches are hindering the market growth.
To gain in-depth insights on Cancer Immunotherapy Market, request methodology at
Leading players in the market are focusing on new product development and conducting extensive clinical trials to assess the efficiency of various immunotherapy approaches such as vaccinations and oral drugs. Some of the companies are increasingly investing in R&D activities on immunobiology to ascertain cancer prevalence. For instance,
- In September 2021, Amgen Plc., an American multinational biopharmaceutical company, announced its study results from the first combination its Phase 1b/2 CodeBreaK 101 study, a global clinical development program to treat the patients with KRAS G12C-mutated advanced colorectal cancer. The results showed that combining Vectibix® (panitumumab) with LUMAKRASTM (sotorasib) demonstrate efficacy and safety.
- In September 2021, Bristol-Myers Squibb, a multinational pharmaceutical company, announced conducting a survey that included 250 oncologists, specialists, and surgeons from countries like U.S., Japan, and Germany. The survey report stated that the immunotherapy has potential to positively impact the cancers that are detected at an early stage.
Some of the key players in the cancer immunotherapy market profiled by Fact.MR are:
- Amgen Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- AstraZeneca PLC
- Eli Lilly and Company
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Janssen Biotech, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals
More Valuable Insights on Cancer Immunotherapy Market
Fact.MR, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global cancer immunotherapy market, analyzing statistics through 2021 and beyond. The survey reveals growth projections on cancer immunotherapy market with detailed segmentation:
- Monoclonal Antibody Cancer Immunotherapy
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
- PD-1/PD-L1 Cancer Immunotherapy
- CTLA-4 Cancer Immunotherapy
- Immune System Modulators
- Cancer Immunotherapy Vaccines
- Other Cancer Immunotherapies
·By Cancer Type
- Lung Cancer Immunotherapy
- Colorectal Cancer Immunotherapy
- Breast Cancer Immunotherapy
- Prostate Cancer Immunotherapy
- Melanoma Immunotherapy
- Blood Cancer Immunotherapy
- Other Type Cancer Immunotherapies
·By End User
- Cancer Immunotherapy in Hospitals
- Cancer Immunotherapy in Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Immunotherapy in Cancer Research Centers
- Cancer Immunotherapy in Clinics
Key Questions Covered in the Cancer Immunotherapy Market Report
- The market survey highlights projected sales growth of the cancer immunotherapy market between 2021 and 2031
- The report offers insight into cancer immunotherapy demand outlook for 2021-2031
- Cancer immunotherapy market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, collaborations or partnerships, and others
- Cancer immunotherapy market analysis identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain –
Peptide Based Cancer Therapeutics Market- Peptide-based cancer therapeutics are still in their early stages of development, but the initial low figures do not indicate any market pessimism. Future growth potentials of such cancer treatments are intensifying thanks to new advancements in delivery, stability, alterations, and preclinical success. A flood of novel peptides with promising preclinical findings are being tested in cancer treatment clinical trials. The increased prevalence of cancer around the world is projected to have an impact on the worldwide peptide-based cancer therapies market in the near future.
Radioimmunotherapy Market- The market for radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is being propelled by rising acceptance of targeted medicines and an increase in unfavorable radiation therapy consequences. During the forecast period, the global market for radioimmunotherapy (RIT) is likely to be driven by an emerging clinical pipeline of radioimmunotherapy and a focus on innovative treatment strategies for improving patient outcomes. The global radioimmunotherapy (RIT) market is predicted to rise due to an increase in cancer cases and a demand for intensive research and development of cancer therapeutics.
Lung Cancer Diagnostics Market- Increased expenditure for cancer treatment research is creating attractive chances for the early-stage lung cancer diagnostics market to flourish. The majority of lung cancer patients are diagnosed at an advanced stage where surgery or other therapy modalities will not be able to cure them. Lung cancer diagnosis is greatly influenced by the adoption of modern multimodal diagnostic methods. Over the projected period, increased development of lung cancer-specific biomarkers will drive demand for lung cancer diagnostics.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583