Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market Analysis and Opportunity Assessment up to 2031
Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH): Introduction
- Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) is a chronic neurologic disorder marked by an insatiable need to sleep that is not eased by a full night’s slumber. People with idiopathic hypersomnia sleep normal or long amounts of time each night; however, they still feel excessively sleepy during the day.
- Idiopathic hypersomnia is a type of hypersomnia and symptoms include chronic excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS), non-refreshing daytime napping, and sleep drunkenness after nighttime sleep and naps. The causes of idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) are not known.
Request Brochure of Report –
Key Drivers of Global Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market
- The global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market is primarily driven by the high prevalence of Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH). According to National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc., the prevalence rate of idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) is around 1-5 / 10,000 population. Hence, increase in the number of patients with Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) is another key factors that drives the global Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market.
- Government initiatives and major foundations are focused on starting new campaigns to increase awareness about idiopathic hypersomnia (IH), which in turn is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period. For instance, in March 2021, Jazz Pharmaceuticals and Hypersomnia Foundation launched a campaign to increase understanding and awareness about idiopathic hypersomnia.
- Anticipated launch of pipeline drugs during the forecast period is anticipated to propel the global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market. Currently, Jazz Pharmaceuticals has one innovative product, i.e. Xywav, in phase III testing for treatment of adult patients with idiopathic hypersomnia.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market –
Stimulant Medications Segment to be Highly Promising
- Based on drug type, the global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market can be divided into stimulant medications, non-stimulant wake-promoting medications, and sodium oxybate. Stimulant medications is anticipated to be the leading segment during the forecast period.
- Stimulant medications are used as first-line treatment for idiopathic hypersomnia (IH). Modafinil is most commonly used in the treatment of this condition.
- Non-stimulant wake-promoting medications is expected to follow the stimulant medications segment, in terms of market share, during the forecast period
Hospital Pharmacies to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospital pharmacies segment accounted for a significant share of the market in 2020, it is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period.
- Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) patients mostly visit hospitals for treatment and drugs are available over-the-counter and on prescription. Hospital pharmacies deal with procurement, storage, dispensing, and distribution of drugs for inpatients as well as outpatients.
Pre Book Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market Report at –
North America to Dominate Global Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of the forecast period.
- Increase in number of patients suffering from lifestyle diseases such as depression, anxiety, increase in research and development activity for rare diseases, and presence of major market players fuel the idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market in North America.
- The idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Expansion of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to high prevalence of idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, and rapidly improving healthcare infrastructure.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market was highly fragmented in 2020. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Avadel Pharmaceuticals, Plc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Pfizer Inc
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare LLC
- Merck & Co. Inc.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Vitrectomy Systems Market: Vitrectomy is a surgical procedure, which removes the vitreous gel that fills the eye cavity, using a small microsurgical equipment. The surgeon may then use a laser to seal the retinal tears or holes. The eye is then filled with a gas bubble to hold the retina in place while it heals.
Uterine Scissors Market: Uterine scissors are small scissors used to cut non-biological materials. These scissors are also used to cut the vessels and the uterine ligaments during total abdominal hysterectomy and they are called uterine scissors. These provide the maximum operating efficiency.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453