Glutaraldehyde Market: Health Care Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
Glutaraldehyde Market: Introduction
- Glutaraldehyde is a preserving and a sterilizing organic compound. This aldehyde is available in the form of aqueous solution, and is colorless oily liquid with a pungent smell. The compound is observed as strong sterilizer, toxic, and irritant.
- Glutaraldehyde is biodegradable, formaldehyde free, non-carcinogenic, non-bio-accumulative, and non-persistent. Due to these properties, it is widely used in high-level disinfection and water treatments. Furthermore, the 0.1% to 1% of concentration of glutaraldehyde is used as preservative and biocide.
Request Brochure of Report –
Key Drivers of Global Glutaraldehyde Market
- Demand for glutaraldehyde is high in the health care industry, as its cold disinfection properties are expected to act as a major driving factor for the market. Industries, such as petroleum, paper and pulp, and animal health, have created several opportunities for the global glutaraldehyde market.
- Majority of medically invasive procedures require sterilization of the equipment in order to avoid infection resulting from contaminated equipment. Therefore, glutaraldehyde solution is extensively used in the healthcare sector to cold sterilize the equipment prior to any surgical procedure.
- Hospex, Glutarex, Cidex, Aldesen, and Soniacide are some of the sterilizing products used for medical equipment that contain glutaraldehyde as an active ingredient. Glutaraldehyde is also used as a fixative agent for tissues.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Glutaraldehyde Market –
Health Care Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Health care is projected to be the dominant application segment of the glutaraldehyde market, owing to increasing demand for disinfectants in the industry for sanitizing and sterilization purposes. Changing lifestyles of individuals have led to increased spending on personal care & hygiene, which also impacted the growth of the segment in the past few years.
- Growing concerns regarding water crisis and impurities in supply water have fueled the demand for water treatment systems at commercial and industrial scale, which use glutaraldehyde solutions as a microbicide in the wastewater treatment industry
- Around 45% to 50% of the glutaraldehyde solution is used as a microbicide in evaporative recirculating cooling towers and large air-conditioning systems, whereas less than 10% of aqueous glutaraldehyde is used in the water treatment application
- Approximately 25%–50% of glutaraldehyde solutions is used in the leather tanning application, where it increases the resistance of leathers toward water, alkalis, and mold, and soften them. It also used in off shore applications, where it is added to sea water in order to prevent attack from certain sulfate reducing microorganisms, which cause corrosion.
- Glutaraldehyde is used in industrial cleaning agents, particularly in the food and beverage industry and tobacco industry, owing to its good disinfecting property
Toxicity and Hazardous Nature of Glutaraldehyde to Hamper Market Growth
- Despite the wide spread application of glutaraldehyde, its high toxic and environmentally hazardous nature is anticipated to act as a major restraint for the market growth
- Use of this chemical is highly regulated by the government in respective regions, owing to health risks associated with it. Even 1% solution of glutaraldehyde is poisonous for humans and animals, and products containing more than 0.1% glutaraldehyde solution are labeled as hazardous.
- Market players are focusing to lower dependency on glutaraldehyde and find suitable substitutes, as high level of precaution is needed to reduce occupational and environmental exposure to glutaraldehyde
Pre Book Glutaraldehyde Market Report at –
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Glutaraldehyde Market
- In terms of region, the global glutaraldehyde market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is a major market for glutaraldehyde, owing to well-established research-based pharmaceutical and tanning industries in the region. Moreover, rising demand for glutaraldehyde in countries, such as the U.K., Australia, Norway, and France, has fueled market growth in the region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing market for glutaraldehyde, owing to the expanding health care and water treatment sectors in the region
- This market in Latin America is estimated to grow at a significant rate, owing to increasing animal housing activities in several countries of the region
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453