Cell Viability Assays Market Size to Reach USD 6.35 Billion in 2028, Says Reports and Data
Rising use of cell viability assays in evaluation of drug safety and efficacy, increasing use in quality control experiments, and rising focus on cell-based therapeutics to treat chronic illnesses are key factors driving market growth
The global cell viability assays market size is expected to reach USD 6.35 Billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 8.7%, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Increasing use of cell viability and proliferation assays to assess efficacy of anti-cancer therapeutics, rapid progress in stem cell research, and increasing investment in biopharmaceutical R&D are key factors expected to drive market revenue growth over the forecast period. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as heart diseases, cancer, diabetes, and obesity, among others have increased the need for therapeutics and drugs for their efficient management, which is expected to further fuel market revenue growth going ahead.
Cell viability is the measurement of proportion of live and healthy cells within a population and viability assays are carried out to determine overall cell health and examine the cell survival ratio after they have been treated with experimental substances. Cell viability assays are extensively performed to evaluate safety and efficacy of drugs and therapeutics before they can be launched commercially. Growing demand for cell-based therapeutics to treat chronic and infectious diseases have increased adoption of cell viability assays in drug discovery and development and this is expected to drive market growth. Viability studies are also carried out to assess the success of cryopreservation techniques, cell culture techniques, and to study toxicity of experimental substances. Cell viability and cell toxicity assays have become imperative in determining cellular responses to experimental drugs. This is expected to further drive market revenue growth over the forecast period.
Increasing demand for efficient therapeutics, growing investment in stem cell research, increasing prevalence of cancer, and advancements in cell-based research are key factors expected to contribute to market revenue growth. Rising importance of cell viability assays in quality control procedures in various end-use industries such as food and beverage, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and wastewater treatment is expected to continue to drive market growth. However, lack of skilled professionals, high costs of equipment, and time longer time required for cell viability assays are expected to hamper market growth to a certain extent over the forecast period.
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4084
Some Key Highlights from the Report:
- Increasing biopharmaceutical R&D activities, rapid advancements in cancer and stem cell research, and rising drug discovery and development activities have boosted demand for consumables such as reagents, assay kits, and instruments for cell viability assays, and this is expected to drive revenue growth of the consumables segment during the forecast period.
- Rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and obesity across the globe has resulted in increased demand for efficient cell-based therapeutics and treatment, which has resulted in significant revenue growth of the drug discovery and development segment.
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment is expected to account for largest revenue share during the forecast period owing to increasing R&D activities, rising demand for biologics, increasing government support for development of novel drugs and therapeutics, and rising research focus to develop advanced and more efficient assay kits.
- Asia Pacific market is expected to register rapid revenue CAGR between 2021 and 2028, attributable to growing prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases, rising support from governments for research studies, and improved healthcare spending in countries in the region.
- Prominent players operating in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Merck KGaA, GE Healthcare, BioTek Instruments, PerkinElmer, Inc., Promega Corporation, Biotium, Abcam Plc., Canvax, Danaher Corporation, and Creative Bioarray.
- In April 2021, Halo Labs, which is a prominent life science instrumentation company, introduced Aura CL, which is the next-generation of its instruments line. Aura CL can count cells, identify therapeutic cells, and measure cell viability in one single assay.
Buy now your Exclusive copy of Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/4084
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global cell viability assays market based on product, application, end-use industry, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Assay Kits
- Tetrazolium Reduction Assay Kits
- MTT Assay Kits
- Other Tetrazolium Assay Kits
- Resazurin Cell Viability Assay Kits
- Calcein-AM Cell Viability Assay Kits
- Other Assay Kits
- Flow Cytometers
- Automated Cell Counters
- Cell Imaging & Analysis Systems
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Basic Research
- Stem Cell Research
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Clinical and Diagnostics
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Labs
- Academic & Research Institutes
Request for Custom Research @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4084
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Explore Reports and Data's Prime Analysis of the global Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry:
Blood Preparation Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product Type (Whole Blood, Blood Components, Blood Derivatives), By Antithrombotic and Anticoagulant Type (Platelet Aggregation Inhibitors, Fibrinolytics, Anticoagulants), By Application (Angina Blood Vessel Complications, Pulmonary Embolism, Thrombocytosis, Renal Impairment, Others), and By Region, Forecast To 2028
NGS Sample Preparation Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product (Reagent, Workstations), Workflow (Library Preparation, Target Enrichment, Quality Control), Application (Infectious Disease, Cancer Diagnostics), Technology (SMRT, Nanopore, SBS, Ion Semiconductor Sequencing), End Use (Academic Institutes and Research Centers, Pharma and Biotech Companies, Hospital and Clinics), and by Region, Forecast To 2028
Glycomics/Glycobiology Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Products (Enzymes, Kits, Reagents, Instruments), by Application (Drug Discovery & Development, Diagnostics, Others), By End-use (Academic & Research Institutes, CROs, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies), And By Region, Forecast To 2028
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read Full Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-cell-viability-assays-market