Rising Incidence of Strokes and Spinal Cord Injuries Spurring the Growth of Rehabilitation Robots Market: Fact.MR
Increasing demand for robotic exoskeletons as a rehabilitation tool bolstering the growth of the market
The global rehabilitation robots market is exhibiting a steady growth due to rising prevalence of stroke, traumatic brain injuries, dementia, and other age-related disabilities. As per a study by Fact.MR, the rehabilitation robots market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.1% during the forecasting period 2021-2031.
According to a study by National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in 2021, nearly 1.7 million incidences of traumatic brain injuries were recorded, with older adolescents aging 15 to 19 years and older adult age 65 years and older in the U.S.
More than 50 million people are suffering from dementia and around 10 million new incidences of the disease are recorded every year across the globe, according to World Health Organization (WHO) in 2020. As rehabilitation robots assist in the treatment of this condition, the increasing incidence of traumatic brain injuries and dementia will fuel the demand for rehabilitation robots.
North America is dominating the rehabilitation robots market. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 795,000 people in the U.S. have a stroke every year and within every 4 minutes, someone dies because of stroke. This high number of stroke cases has made the region, a center point for the expansion of the rehabilitation robots market.
“Key market players are emphasizing on R&D for receiving FDA approval and increasing investment for introducing new products to strengthen their market positions,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Explore tables and figures of the study. Request ToC of the report at
- In North America, the U.S. and Canada are estimated to account for the largest market share owing to the rising prevalence of spinal cord injuries and stroke in the region.
- The U.K. is demonstrating a steady growth on the back of increasing demand for better healthcare.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge as a lucrative market for rehabilitation robots due to the growth in the medical technology sector.
- Brazil is displaying a moderate growth due to the low adoption of new technologies.
- Based on robot type, the assistive rehabilitation robot segment accounts for the highest sales.
- Increasing incidence of stroke and other neurological disorders will fuel the demand for rehabilitation robots.
- Rising awareness about robot-assisted treatments is driving the growth of the market.
- Increasing number of techniques for the treatments will spur market growth.
- Expansion of the healthcare infrastructure is expected to boost the sales of rehabilitation robots.
- High cost of the treatment is hampering the demand for rehabilitation robots.
- The coronavirus outbreak has resulted in restraining the growth of the market.
- Strict regulatory approval policies are negatively affecting the growth of the rehabilitation robots market.
Leading manufacturers operating in rehabilitation robots market profiled by Fact.MR include Hocoma, Ekso Bionics, AlterG Inc., Bionik Labs, Interactive Motion Technologies, Motus Nova, Kinova Inc., Meditouch, Wearable Robotics Srl, Cyberdyne Inc., Rex Bionics Ltd, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, AlterG Inc., Bioxtreme Robotics Rehabilitation, Rehab Robotics, Instead Technologies Ltd., and ReWalk Robotics. Prominent market players are focusing on R&D and product launches to expand their global presence. For instance,
- ReWalk Robotics, Ltd. launched its new product named ‘ReStoreExo-Suit,’ the first soft robotic system for stroke therapy in June 2019.
- In 2019, Bionik Laboratories Corporation launched InMotion Arm/Hand robotic system for people with mobility impairments and for clinical rehabilitation of stroke survivors due to neurological conditions.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions
More Insights on the Rehabilitation Robots Market
Fact.MR offers unbiased analysis of the rehabilitation robots market. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of robot type (assistive robot, therapy robot, exoskeleton robots, prosthetic robots, and others), applications (gait therapy, limb mobility, balance, and others), body part (upper body parts and lower extremity), and end user (hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and others), across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain -
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services Market - Outpatient therapy options for persons who are in the early stages of alcohol or drug addiction have grown in popularity in recent years. Outpatient therapy treatments are thought to be very successful for early-stage addicts since they focus on tactics for overcoming addiction. The primary drivers influencing the growth of the outpatient rehabilitation services market are lower costs, shorter daily sessions, and access to support networks.
Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market - The ageing population has gradually increased the patient pool for lewy body dementia treatment, with top manufacturers attempting to introduce new medicines that are entirely focused on the disease. Pharma firms are concentrating their efforts on developing highly unique and competitive pipeline drugs. Fact.MR’s latest study report on the lewy body dementia therapy market provides an in-depth analysis report for the years 2021-2031.
Rare Neurological Disease Treatment Market - Disposable injectors are fast gaining traction in the market for treating uncommon neurological diseases. On the back of well-established healthcare infrastructure and ongoing emphasis on R&D in medications and treatments for rare illnesses, North America is expected to be the leading region in the global rare neurological disease treatment market, accounting for a 2/5th market share in 2019.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.