Pleural Catheter Sales Growing on Account of Preference for Minimally Invasive Surgeries: Fact.MR
Increasing demand for minimally-invasive surgical procedures are key to driving demand for pleural catheters in advanced healthcare systems.
Fact.MR, Rockville MD: Market research company Fact.MR’s ongoing pleural catheter market study has forecasted a promising rate of growth in 2021, as pleural effusion processes gain traction during the coronavirus pandemic owing to the adverse impact of the virus on lung health. The market is expected to be continue growing even post-pandemic, in the upcoming years. Healthcare advances including chemical pleurodesis is generating key opportunities for manufacturers in years to come.
According to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, pleural catheters find application in interventional radiology and pulmonology image-guided processes. Pleural effusion occurs in more than 300 persons for a population of 100,000. Ease of use and maintenance for patients with professional guidance allows for home care applications as well generating growth prospects in the industry. Introduction of automated and semi-automated products are also likely to gain attention among healthcare practitioners in years to come.
“Widespread application of pleural catheters for minimizing damage from pleural effusions arising from multiple conditions are key factors driving demand. Healthcare procedures for blood vessel blockages, heart failure, lung infections, lung cancer, kidney ailments, leukemia, cirrhosis, and pulmonary embolism will support applications of pleural catheters, for emergency and pre-planned procedures,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=3128
Key Takeaways from Fact.MR’s Pleural Catheter Study
- Minimally-invasive transduative effusion treatment procedures will account for relatively faster growth owing to applications in congestive heart failure treatments.
- Growing awareness about metastatic disease treatment options are likely to drive demand in malignant pleural effusion applications.
- Ambulatory surgical centers will generate increased demand, driven by use in emergency surgical procedures.
- China, and India are high growth markets for pleural catheter procedures owing to investments in infrastructure advancements and medical tourism.
- The United States will hold the lead, driven by sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and research centers for heart-related diseases.
- Germany and UK will drive market with pleural catheter device production and the prevalence of cardiovascular disease.
Pleural Catheter Market- Prominent Drivers
- Technology advancements in terms of automation in pleural drainage systems are supporting market growth.
- Favorable reimbursement scenarios for pleural catheter procedures, particularly in emerging economies will aid market demand.
- Rising prevalence of lifestyle ailments such as obesity and the resultant impact on cardiovascular health is generating growth opportunities.
Pleural Catheter Market- Key Restraints
- Lack of awareness about plural effusion treatment procedures especially in developing economies is a key factor holding back adoption.
- Strict regulations associated to product development in the industry and limits market growth prospects.
Discover more about the pleural catheter market with figures, data tables and the table of contents. You will also find detailed market segmentation on https://www.factmr.com/report/3128/pleural-catheters-market
Smiths Medical, Pixel Energy, Bicakcilar Medical Equipment AS, HEYER Medical AG, OAKWORKS Medical, Biometrix, B. Braun Melsungen AG, and Redax are some of the leading players operating in the global pleural catheters market.
Key manufacturers are primarily looking towards entering product development and commercialization agreements within the industry in addition to product launch strategies. For instance, in August 2020, Bearpac Medical LLC announced the launch of the Passio Pump Drainage System, comprising a disposable collection kit and Passio catheter, and handheld control unit for draining symptomatic pleural effusion.
PleurX has also unveiled its new catheter system, aimed towards the management of malignant ascites and recurring pleural effusion incidences for home care settings. The system comprises a supplemental insertion kit to minimize fluid leakage and air entrance during the placement process.
More Insights on the Pleural catheter Market
In its latest report, Fact.MR offers unbiased analysis of the global pleural catheter market. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of indication (malignant pleural effusion, non-malignant recurrent effusions, chylothorax, empyema, and haemothorax), and end user (hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers), across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa)
Request more information about Report Methodology
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU),
Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates