Peptide Synthesis Market Size-2022-2028- Increasing Use of Peptide Therapeutics
Development of technologically advanced peptide synthesizers and availability of various peptide synthesis reagents are driving market revenue growth
The global peptide synthesis market size was USD 315 Million in 2020 and is expected to register a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving market revenue growth are increasing use of peptides in pharmaceutical drugs, rise in research activities and availability of funding for R&D, and the development of advanced peptide synthesizers.
Peptides are selective and efficacious signaling molecules that bind to specific cell surface receptors, such as G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) or ion channels, where these trigger intracellular effects. Given their excellent pharmacological profile and intrinsic properties, peptides represent an advantageous starting point for the design of novel therapeutics. Their specificity has been known to translate into excellent safety, tolerability, and efficacy profiles in humans.
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4007
A variety of peptide technologies have emerged, in addition to traditional peptide design, that represent growth opportunities and future directions in the peptide synthesis market. Multifunctional and cell penetrating peptides, peptide drug conjugates, and inventions based on alternate routes of administration are a few among these.
Range of application for peptides has expanded over the last decade, from medicine and biotechnology to therapeutic peptide science. Peptide application is also undergoing a revival for commercial purposes, which is propelling the peptide synthesis market forward. For example, AbbVie's peptide-based drug Lupron, which is used to treat prostate cancer and other conditions, had global sales of more than USD 752 million in 2020. In addition, Sanofi's Lantus surpassed USD 7 billion in revenue in 2017. There are currently more than 80 FDA-approved peptide medicines in the market, and this number is expected to rise dramatically, with approximately 140 peptide drugs in clinical trials and more than 500 therapeutic peptides in preclinical production.
However, the current peptide synthesis is largely based on legacy technologies that employ vast quantities of highly volatile reagents and solvents with little attention paid to green chemistry and engineering. Lower efficiency, expensive biocatalysts, and lack of validation protocols are some disadvantages of this technology, which have made it difficult to produce peptides using enzymatic methods.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/peptide-synthesis-market
Some Key Highlights from the Report:
- In 2020, reagents segment accounted for the largest revenue share in the peptide synthesis market, owing to availability of various peptide synthesis reagents and ongoing research projects involving peptide synthesis.
- Solid-phase peptide synthesis segment is expected to register a robust revenue CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributable to its ability to synthesize long peptides from small amounts of amino acids.
- In 2020, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment accounted for the largest revenue share, owing to increasing number of R&D projects in genomics, molecular biology, and related fields.
- North America accounted for the largest revenue share in the global market in 2020, owing to increased investment in pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies, as well as research institutes by regulatory bodies.
- The peptide synthesis market in Asia Pacific is expected to develop at the fastest rate, owing to increased investments by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as rising number of R&D activities in the region.
- Some major companies profiled in the peptide synthesis market report are Genscript Biotech, Merck KGaA, Aapptec , Bachem Holdings , Anaspec, Biotage , CEM Corporation , Gyros Protein Technologies, Advanced Chemtech, and New England Peptide (NEP).
Buy Premium Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/4007
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented global peptide synthesis market on the basis of product, technology, end-use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Peptide Synthesizers
- Chromatography equipment
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Solid-phase Peptide Synthesis
- Liquid-phase Peptide Synthesis
- Hybrid & Recombinant Technology
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations
- Academic and Research Institutes
Ask for Customize Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4007
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Explore Latest Trending Research Reports By Reports and Data's
In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Market Size, Share And Industry Analysis By Product Type (Instruments, Reagents, Services, and Others), By Technology (Immunochemistry and Molecular Diagnostics), By Application (Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Cardiac Diseases, Immune System Disorders, and Others), By End-Use (Clinical Laboratories, Physician Offices, Hospitals, and Others), and By Region Forecast to 2028
Hot Tub Rash Market , By Type (deep folliculitis, superficial folliculitis and others), By Application (academic institutes, medical research centers, clinics and hospitals and others) and By Region Forecast to 2028
Valley Fever Market , By Product Type (Fluconazole, Itraconazole, Voriconazole, Posaconazole, Others), By End-Use (People, Cattle, Sheep And Goats, Camel, Others), and By Region Forecast to 2028
Air Sampler Market , By Product Type (Portable Air Samplers, Desktop Air Samplers, Others), By Application (Chemical Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food and Beverages Industry, Environmental Monitoring, Others), and By Region Forecast to 2028
Automated Microbiology Market By Product (Instruments, Automated culture systems, Microbiology analyzers, Reagents), By Diagnostics Technology (DNA & RNA probe technology, DNA sequencing, Detection Techniques, Immunoassays, Monoclonal Antibodies), By End-Use (Clinical Laboratories, Biotechnology Industries, Others), and By Region Forecast to 2028
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Read Latest Press Release @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-peptide-synthesis-market