Increasing Prevalence of Diabetic Foot Ulcers will Bolster Demand for Contact Cast Systems: Fact.MR
Need to protect wound and regenerate tissue for patients with diabetic foot ulcer will bring steady growth for the global contact cast system
The global contact cast system market is expected to exhibit a steady growth owing to rise in diabetic cases across the globe. As per a study by Fact.MR, the contact cast system market is estimated to surpass a valuation of more than US$ 2,513 Mn through 2031 at a CAGR of 6.1%.
The demand for contact cast systems is rising as they are heavily used to cast-off wound associated with diabetic foot ulcer. They aid in encasing patient’s entire foot inclusive of lower leg and toes along with off-loading the sole.
Patients often prefer contact cast system as it allows the redistribution of weight on foot and lower leg for everyday movement assistance. The market will witness surge in demand as it helps in healing and tissue regeneration by evenly distributing the pressure from the foot to leg.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 42 million people worldwide suffer from diabetes, with a majority of them being from low-and middle-income countries. Each year around 1.6 million deaths are directly related to diabetes.
According to U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health, around 15 to 25% of diabetic patients suffer from foot ulcers throughout their life. The overall presence of this complication is from 1.3 to 4.8%. These factors will boost the demand for contact cast system worldwide.
For more insights into the Market, Request a Table of Content
“Rising prevalence of diabetes in older generation will bring lucrative opportunities for the contact cast system market. With this competition is expected to soar. Market players are likely to respond to this by adopting strategies that will help them expand their expertise. As a result, mergers and acquisitions will be registered as companies aim for competitive advantage,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
- Non-removable contact caste system increases the rate of healing by 80% as it maximizes the application time and minimizes the role of patient compliance.
- North America is expected to lead the global market backed by funding by federal and state government towards expansion of healthcare facilities and conductive reimbursement schemes.
- The Europe market is driven by the presence of developed healthcare infrastructure that promotes routine health check-ups and patient awareness.
- Latin America and MEA market might face low growth rate owing to non-availability of device and poor healthcare infrastructure.
- Contact cast system demand is expected to rise as it is recognized as the golden standard of off-loading non-infected neuropathic diabetic foot ulcers.
- A contact cast system ensures wound closure rate of 88.9% compared to standard systems and devices such as healing sandals and walking boots. It also offers healing rate of 80% compared to removable cast walkers that delivers only 65% healing. These factors will remain chief drivers of the market
- It provides easier adaptation due to combined layers of stiffness and application, thus aiding the efficacy of the treatment.
- The market is expected to witness restrains due to negative perception of the contact caste systems treatment.
- Patients are sometimes skeptical about investing time and trust in the application and removal of the equipment.
- Non-availability in the developing region due to poor health infrastructure will hinder the market growth in numerous countries.
- Recommendation of contact cast system is restricted to numerous patients due to persistent infection or for patients with severe peripheral arterial disease.
The key players operating in the global contact caste system market are Essity, Integra LifeSciences Corp., WoundKair Concepts, Inc., and Derma Science, Inc. The key players in the industry are investing in different strategies such as merger and acquisitions. For instance,
- Derma Sciences, Inc., a pharmaceutical and medical device company, has acquired MedEfficiency, Inc. under the terms of acquisition and paid US$14.5 million. MedEfficiency, Inc. manufactures TCC-EZ™ Total Contact Cast system.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions
More Insight on the Contact Cast System Market
Fact.MR offers unbiased analysis of the contact cast system market. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of product type (non-removable and removable), distribution channel (hospitals, pharmacies, medical centers, podiatry clinics, online retail, online pharmacies ambulatory surgery centers, and others), and regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceaic, and Middle East & Africa).
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain -
Diabetes Diagnostics Market- In a recent analysis, Fact.MR predicted that hospital demand would continue to rise over the prediction period of 2020 to 2030. Government investment for hospitals will help to expand the market overall by making healthcare more accessible in remote areas. Through 2030, the global diabetes diagnostics market will be dominated by players from North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe.
Arterial Stents Market- During the projected period, Europe is expected to establish suzerainty over the arterial stents market. The strategic presence of important firms in the interventional cardiology sector is credited with Europe's supremacy. Because of the increased number of PCI operations in hospitals, more than six out of ten patients choose coronary artery stents.
Orthopedic Footwear Market- The growth in the frequency of accidents, which is the leading cause of orthopedic injury, is driving the worldwide orthopedic footwear market. In addition, the market is expected to develop as the availability and variety of orthopedic footwear in various applications increases. Because of the huge number of patients with foot or orthopedic problems, North America is likely to have a considerable market share in the global orthopedic footwear industry.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583