Increasing Demand for Phage Probiotics Driving Bacteriophage Market: Fact.MR
Bacteriophage market is gaining pace owing to the rising demand for treatment of antibacterial-resistant infections
Fact.MR, Dubai: The global bacteriophage market has witnessed impressive growth with revenue surpassing US$ 39 million in 2019. As per a study by Fact.MR, the bacteriophage market is estimated to register a CAGR of over 4% throughout the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 2.8 million people were diagnosed with antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections in the U.S, and out of which around 35,000 people died. The rising incidence of antibiotic resistance is projected to generate significant demand for bacteriophages therapy
Due to stringent regulatory policies and lack of approvals by major healthcare organizations such as USFDA and ANSM for novel therapeutic bacteriophage, growth in the market is restrained.
Nonetheless, increasing government funding and investment in innovative techniques to treat antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections are spurring the growth of the bacteriophages market
Europe and North America collectively account for over two-third of the global market share, on the back of increasing research & development activities and technological advancements across the regions.
“Increasing government funding to assist leading manufacturers in the development of novel phage therapies and innovative techniques to curb the cases of antimicrobial-resistant infection is expected to boost growth,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
- In North America, the U.S. is leading the bacteriophages market and is estimated to showcase a CAGR of 3% through the forecast period.
- Russia is anticipated to lead the bacteriophages market in Europe, owing to the increasing prevalence of antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections.
- Rapid shift towards bacteriophages therapy due to increasing failures of antibiotic treatment is fueling the market growth in Georgia.
- With more than 95%, phage probiotics account for the largest market share in the year 2020.
- Based on application, gastroenterology is emerging as a lucrative segment in the bacteriophages market.
- Increasing incidence of antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections will boost the demand for bacteriophages.
- Growing demand for probiotic supplements utilizing phage probiotics is expected to spur the growth of the bacteriophages market.
- Emergence of e-Commerce is expected to soar the growth for bacteriophages market.
- Rising demand for a replacement of antibiotics will drive the market growth for bacteriophages across the globe.
- Lack of safety and clinical data of phage therapy is hampering the growth of the bacteriophages market.
- Strict regulatory approval policies are posing a challenge for market growth.
- Dearth of awareness about bacteriophages therapy is restraining the demand for bacteriophages
Explore tables and figures of the study. Request ToC of the report at
Some of the companies profiled by Fact.MR includes Life Extension, Arthur Andrew Medical, Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes Inc., BioChimpharm, Micreos Human Health, Designs for Health, Accelerated Health Systems Llc, The biostation, Probiotic America, and Microgen. Companies operating in the bacteriophage market are collaborating and focusing on introducing innovative phase therapies. For instance,
- EnBiotix, Inc. entered into a collaborative agreement with the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER) for the development of EPP-001. EPP-001
- In July 2019, Pherecydes Pharma collaborated with Bioaster Technology Research Institute (TRI).
- In 2019 Locus Biosciences Inc collaborated with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to develop, manufacture, and commercialize their new product, CRISPR-Cas3-enhanced bacteriophage.
More Insights on the Bacteriophage Market
Fact.MR offers unbiased analysis of the bacteriophage market. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of product (phage probiotics, phage therapeutics), route of administration (oral, topical, and others), application (gastroenterology, respiratory infection treatment, skin infection treatment, wound prophylaxis, urogenital infection treatment, and others), distribution channel (retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and online pharmacies), across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain
Antibacterial Drugs Market - The market for antibacterial medications is sluggish, with a very small development pipeline further depressing market expectations. However, government efforts in a number of nations, particularly in Europe and North America, are expected to result in an increase in the creation of branded pharmaceuticals. Actionable insights and winning imperatives for stakeholders are highlighted in Fact.MR's exclusive research study on the antibacterial medicines industry.
Bacterial Antigens Market - the increased need for bacterial antigens capable of eliciting a protective immune response against various malignancies and infectious disorders is likely to be the primary driver driving the bacterial antigens market. Revenue growth in the global bacterial antigens market is fuelled by quick discovery of novel antigens that can activate a cross-protective immune response in a bacterial pathogen, rising occurrences of cancer and infectious diseases, and increased diagnosis of various diseases.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583