Gelatin Capsules Market: Rise in popularity of capsules over alternative drug delivery forms to drive the market
Gelatin Capsules Market: Introduction
- Gelatin capsules, often known as gel caps or gelcaps, are made of gelatin derived from animal skin or bone collagen. Gelatin, a pure protein, is tasteless, gluten-free, and GMO-free, and it provides a safe oral dose form that provides customers a pleasant experience. It enables manufacturers to modify based on color, shape, or size to satisfy the needs of active filling and targeted demographics. Gelatin also allows for diverse release profiles, ranging from enteric (slow) release to rapid release of the active fill, enabling producers to accommodate a wide range of fillings while satisfying customer demands.
Read Report Overview –
- Gelatin capsules are classified into two types: hard capsules (hardcaps) and soft capsules (softgels). Hardcaps are manufactured before the active component is filled. Contract manufacturers or brand owners fill the empty gelatin capsules with the active ingredient or medication in a subsequent stage. Softgels (or soft capsules) are hermetically sealed one-piece capsules that contain liquids or semisolid fillings. Softgels, unlike hard capsules, are filled at the same time the capsule is manufactured.
Request Brochure of Report –
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Gelatin Capsules Market
- Nutraceuticals have gained popularity across a wide range of demographics and regions due to its ease of use in supplementing a regular diet and assisting individuals in maintaining optimal health. Rise in adoption of unhealthy lifestyles by urban consumers worldwide, particularly in developed areas, has fueled the demand for nutraceuticals, which is expected to be a key driver of the global gelatin capsules market in the coming years. Aside from nutraceuticals, expansion of the pharmaceutical industry into the cosmeceuticals sector offers significant opportunity for the gelatin capsules market.
- Rise in popularity of capsules over alternative drug delivery forms as well as an increase in strategic alliances between empty capsule providers and gelatin producers is a significant factor driving the market
- Furthermore, rise in geriatric population increases the prices for various therapy drugs and nutritional supplements in order to improve health outcomes. However, the animal origin of gelatin, price volatility, and technical constraints are projected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Gelatin Capsules Market –
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Gelatin Capsules Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global gelatin capsules market. Presence of prominent capsule manufacturers with huge production capabilities as well as the presence of several pharmaceutical giants with large production capacities that use these capsules are likely to boost the market in the region. Furthermore, capsules are a highly popular solid oral dose form and hence, the demand for gelatin capsules in the nutraceutical industry is high in the region.
- The gelatin capsules market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the expansion of pharmaceutical industries in the region as well as favorable government efforts focused on the development of healthcare infrastructure
Pre Book Gelatin Capsules Market Report at –
Key Players Operating in Global Gelatin Capsules Market
Key market players have been focusing on increasing R&D activities and launching new products for specific application. Major players operating in the global gelatin capsules market are listed below:
- Aenova Group
- BASF SE
- Colorcon Inc.
- Lonza Group Ltd
- AlfaCaps LLC
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Veterinary Eye Care Market: The veterinary eye care market may take a leap of growth during the forecast period of 2020-2030 due to an increase in the global adoption of pets and the rising cases of eye diseases among pets. Awareness about veterinary care is also an important factor that will bring good growth opportunities for the veterinary eye care market. Diabetes in pets leads to poor vision. The growing cases of diabetes among pets may also serve as an affluent growth generator for the veterinary eye care market.
Chronic Care Management Solutions Market: Chronic diseases are long-term clinical conditions that progress over time. These are considered expensive and most prevalent health care issues across the globe. Chronic disease management program is an organized and proactive set of interventions that focus on the needs of the patient population. Chronic care management solutions involve efforts taken by a defined set of patients and various health care professionals to improve health outcomes and the quality of life of patients. Improving the adherence of patients to chronic disease management is a key component. Chronic disease management includes providing support from various medical and allied health services.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453